The good thing about this tea pot is it heats up quickly and keeps hot. The negative is lid is very difficult to remove and replace, very awkward to pour, and the whistle is very low. would not buy tea kettle. Would send back but already destroyed box to return
A satisfactory kettle, except that the bottom is not perfectly flat. On a normal range with raised elements, or a gas range, this wouldn't matter, but my range is a "glass top" flat glass heating panel. The kettle bottom does not contact the glass evenly, and this means that the kettle starts bouncing from side to side as the water boils. What's happening is that there's intense heat on a good contact area, and so the water flashes to steam in that local spot, causing a jolt to the kettle and the water inside it. This causes the local hot spot to lift away, and a different part of the kettle to come into good contact, resulting in another steam flash and jolt. It's very odd and disconcerting to watch. We're still using it, though. So far it doesn't seem to be an actual safety hazard. Other than this oddity, it's a nice Windsor-style kettle at a good price with a good whistle.
This is not the British made teapot that it resembles. Returned 2 becuase one had a stuck top another that did not whistle. It's made in China and the quality shows. The British version sells for around $180 and this is around $50. Not worth anything.
The kettle is nice looking. But it leaks when pouring if full. The whistle is not as loud as I need. But we use it for now till I buy one from France. Sorry I feel I was fooled with poor quality. China junk again have to be more careful from now on. Ask where it is made always.................
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is lighter than I expected and not the quality stainless I wanted
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
There were no care instructions included. I wanted to know if it was dishwasher safe. It doesn't heat as fast as I would like but, I have a glass cooktop and the bottom of the kettle has a different style. I also am not pleased with the amount of water that can pour from the spout but, that is the hidden whistle that is mentioned in the description. There is a bearing or something in the spout that affects the flow. The spout is good that there is no spillage when pouring. I like the style and the shiny stainless. Overall I would give it a rating of 8 out of ten.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfest
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I enjoy this teakettle - the whistle reminds me of days long ago in my grandmother's kitchen and the look enhances the 'hominess' of my kitchen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very