I love this productso much that I bought my husband one, too. It's very adjustable, so provides perfect ergonomic comfort. Convenient and easy to move. Quick and easy assembly. My only criticism is that the surface finish is somewhat easy to scratch slightly, though easy to repair with a rollerball pen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I work from home due to some back problems and recently acquired a comfortable chaise that allows me to sit for long periods of time without irritating my injury. I could work with my laptop on my lap, but I prefer not to. I decided to try this, and I'm fairly happy with it. It was somewhat easy to assemble, with the exception of the final step in which you attach the handle that adjusts the angle of the table top. Since there are no words in the manual to describe the process, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing on the final step. However, I figured it out eventually. I use the table every day. It's a fairly comfortable height, and I don't get wrist fatigue from using the laptop. I don't use a mouse, but it's got enough room on the side (I have a 15.4" laptop) to be able to use a mouse if I wanted. I'm surprised by how solid it feels for me. It adjusts up and down fairly easily so that I can have the top at a comfortable height to work with. The top tilts easily. I would easily recommend this to anyone. It's not the absolute highest quality that you can get, but for its price, it's a surprisingly good table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Definitely doesn't look expensive, but surprisingly sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is a great little laptop desk. Using it in my daughters room where space is tight. Works well to use from her bed or can be easily moved against the wall more like a desk. Color looks great in her room too!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well built and convenient to use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
This review is only about my assembly experience of the particular unit I received and not about my long-term use of the product. The included instructions were easy to follow, in 3 steps. Assembly tools were included (allen wrench and key wrench). Everything went smoothly and easily until the last step: attaching the stand top to the height-adjustable support column. Apparently my adjustable column was factory-installed "reversed" such that when the top was attached, it resulted in the surface top hanging outside (extending beyond) the caster base - think "Z" rather than "C". This incorrect configuration would have resulted in the stand tipping over with any weight on the top, not to mention the awkward overall bloated space requirement of the unit. Since the column does not rotate (it has two grooved tracks to prevent rotation within the column sleeve), I had to unfasten the friction latch used to adjust the column height (held by 1 screw), pull out the internal adjustable column, and reinstall that in the proper orientation (rotated 180 degrees) so that the top would then be correctly installed as designed. Fortunately I was able to figure this out and fix it, but it was an unnecessary inconvenience. Others receiving such a unit might even consider it a defect. After the correction, the unit does function as designed.
I am 72 and was able to assemble it. All pieces were there as well as tools needed to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes, it's a light purple.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfect laptop desk.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate.
The cart was perfect for what our granddaughter needed in her bedroom & of course, she loved the color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Easy to assemble and initially (2 days) it was fine. Then the unsupported side of the tabletop started sloping. I tightened everything (the instructions warn you that this will be necessary), but the slope was still there and has become more pronounced. Until I can find a replacement, I'm balancing my computer on the supported end. And did I mention that the platform is about 5" tall? Won't fit under most sofas, including mine. If full dimensions had been given, I would have known that the platform was too tall for most of my seating.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was fine. Hard to mess up black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Easy to assemble and initially solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, but incomplete
Major problems with the assembly. Althought it should be a relatively uncomplicated product directions were very poor.I almost gave up on it and a friend fortunately figured it out. For this reason alone I would look elsewhere. There are many similar products for the same price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Adequate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
It adjusts nicely. Assembly was a bit of a challenge as adjuster must be held just so or screwing it together just isn't happening. Once you get it assembled, it's stable, solid and adjustable. had i found this before the huge desk I got, i'd have 2 of these for the 2 laptops. This is a keeper!
I love the color. It was really easy to put together. The only thing I would change is I wish the lip at the bottom was a little wider. My laptop is older and heavier than the new ones and it tends to slide. But I am in the market for a new laptop, so that won't be a problem for much longer. It's a perfect little computer table.
Overall this could have been a good product. However, the tilting mechanism cannot be secured to one place regardless of how tightly or loosely you set it. Also, the surface top came with a mild stain that never came out even you I cleaned it well with several products. Although Overstock has pretty good customer service, this time I did not have the time and energy to deal with an exchange plus the hassle of assembling another one would I go with an exchange. Unfortunately, I've had similar experiences before with items ordered from Overstock.