This set has been an assembly nightmare. The wooden chair seats (which are not the same color as the pic) are extremely difficult to line up with the metal frame. I had to re-drill holes that were too small for the screws in the bottom of the table top (which is not the same color as the pic). Love the look of the table but this is the final time I will order something like this from Overstock. You cannot just put this together...you have to finagle the chair seats to sit correctly on the chair frames. I'm pretty "handy dandy" but this was quite a task. Tools used: clamps drill drill bits screw driver crescent wrench
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? wood color was different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Overall, a very solid set for the price. Assembly can be a small pain but that's the case with any piece of box frame metal furniture that uses screws to fasten together the pieces. The metal is fairly thick and sturdy, and the wood seats are solid edge-glued oak, and the table is plywood oak with solid edge-glued oak trim. There's a decent contrast in color between the open- and closed- grain in the wood on the table top, giving it kind of a rustic effect, but it's not overpowering (just a bit more than I expected).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly accurate, though I thought the oak stain would be a bit darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Adequate
Received nothing but compliments about the set. It is quite heavy and requires some effort to move the chairs. Believe it culd have more effective glides in order to shift on ceramic tile and the like. It is definitely a classy unit. All the parts fit quite well and the extra parts was a real bonus/ Heatly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Metal parts (legs in particular) appeared at first to have been weathered or aged, but assumed that was deliberate, to create a patina effect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description
Good price! Looks nice and I think this will hold up well. Style will go with most any décor. The size is great for a small family and it does not take up too much room but 4 chairs seats some company when they come over. Over all pleased with the quality and color. Fairly heavy which is a plus. Good deal! The chairs are a little time hard to do all the bolts but that was expected on any project.
The table is very attractive but......it is really heavy & the chairs don't all fit under the table. It takes up a bunch of room in the kitchen. I even took out a piece on the bottom and it doesn't work in my smaller kitchen. I wish I would've known all that, probably would've returned it.
A little challenging to put together...Took 2 of us to hold it and assemble, but we followed suggestions from other purchasers' comments and it went together ok. Really solid. Like the wood coloring (though it was a little darker oak than I expected). The "destressing" had definite patterns and so looked a little odd (at first I thought the metal was skuffed). But all in all, I'm happy with the purchase.