Light indicated up light but actually was a down facing light
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same tone
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seemed fine but photo indicated light up and is acctually made to face down
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? no -
I purchased a pair of these to mount as uplights, as shown in the picture. However, when I went to put them up, I found that they are meant to be downlights ONLY. The mounting plates have an arrow on the back indicating that they should be installed with the globe downward. The globe itself is held on the fixture in the usual way with little screws around the edge. Then there is a round cover that fits over the whole base and hides the screws. There is nothing to hold the cover in place if this fixture is in the uplight position -- It dangles down onto the arm holding up the globe. The cover is clearly meant to stay in place through gravity with the fixture in the downlight position. There was a whole other problem with these fixtures, too. The globes on the pair I was sent were not identical. One had a longer neck and a slightly more rounded bottom than the other. One sat nice and flush with the base, the other did not, and they looked noticeably different from each other. I would have had to send them back for this issue in any case. I was very disappointed as the style and finish of these fixtures was perfect for where I wanted to put them. The quality of the fixtures, other than the globes, was fine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Finish and materials were fine. Globes and product description were not.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not at all accurate