I purchased this rug for the price because I'm so tired of buying high end merchandise only to have my 2 dogs and cat do something sneaky while I'm not looking and ruin (pet owners you will understand completely) and have to throw it away for one reason or another. I put this area rug under the coffee table in my living room. My living room furniture is dark cream couches, white-washed oak and marble end tables and coffee table darker beige walls. The accent colors are green,blues an maroon.(same as rug) I expected the background of the rug to be much lighter than the actual rug. The background has no cream color in it at all. Basically, gold-ish, dark beige (if that's what you would call it). But, I'm keeping rug because it is really pretty and the darker water colors make a statement. Go for it!
This rug looks great in my living room. I picked it because I liked the design - wanted something a little different from the typical border/floral design. I'm very happy with how the design looks in my traditional living room and the quality of the rug's weave. It's soft and supple, but not as heavy as the area rug I replaced. I think I got a good value, and haven't seen anything better for the money, after looking for months.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little more greenish tint IRL
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice feel, good color, looks sharp
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The rug was the size and shape described. It looks to have more of a greenish tint in my living room, against my brown/beige furniture and wood floor
I bought this rug to replace an old Crate & Barrel rug in my living room. It is basically what I expected after reading prior reviews. The quality of the rug is good - it is soft and seems like it will hold up well. The colors (to me) appear more muted and the reds and blues do not seem to stand out as much in person as they do on my computer screen (they appear more beige like the rest of the rug). For the price I think it is a great value. It was about half the cost of my old rug and the quality seems just as good. (In fact, it isn't shedding at all that I can tell whereas my old rug shed from the day I bought it until the day I threw it out 6 years later). The only things I don't love are the monotone colors (I would like to make the blues and reds stand out a bit more) and the fact that the flowers and stems are outlined with an indented groove in the surface of the rug (I'd prefer that there be no outline).
I do love this rug, although it is a bit darker than pictured and has some gold tones. Good quality, very pretty and "different". It looks great in our master bedroom on our new antique scarlet bamboo floor! The rug arrived very quickly also.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A bit darker and more gold
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
Very nice carpet but darker than pictured in the photo.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate