This is a beautiful rug, but be advised that the color scheme is definitely not as it appears, at least on my screen. I will first describe the photo as it appears to me, and then the rug colors in actuality. On my screen the rug appears to be primarily a soft, sandy grayish brown, about the color of chocolate milk. The lightest parts appear to be a mushroom color, and the darkest part around the medallion in the center I might describe as milk chocolate, or even tobacco. The flecks of blue appear to be a muted grey-blue. In person, the colors are not even slightly grayish. The browns are very spice-toned - cinnamon and curry come to mind. Copper, caramel, amber, rust, carrot cake, or burnt sienna are also accurate descriptions of the browns. The light parts are very warm and creamy, and while the blue is approximately the same tone as it appears in the photo, it is much less muted. I would describe it as slate or even federal blue. So I would recommend this rug for someone looking for these warm, coppery shades, but if you are looking for a cooler, les intense pallette of browns, then this is not your rug
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Way off...
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate because it was vague
We ordered this rug to replace one that my wife's parents gave us years ago. We were using it in the dining room, and I've always hated the colors of the in-laws rug in that room. This rug is the perfect replacement. We both love the brown tones in the rug, and the work very well in our dining room. It adds a very warm feeling to the room. The backing seems to be very good quality. It's thick and stiff, with no trace of the carpet fibers from the bottom. The rug is definately wool, and does shed initially, so I recommend a good vacuuming after unrolling it on the floor. After the initiall vacuuming, no fibers were picked up on my clothes after sitting on the rug. I'm sure it will shed a bit more with traffic, but hopefully not too much. It also nice and thick, almost too thick on top of the pad we ordered. We love this rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It matched the colors displayed on my computer screen perfectly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug seems to be of excellent quality initially, time will be the final judge.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I LOVE this rug. The predominant color is a milk chocolate brown, with dabs of light blue (a muted light blue), , taupe, creams and even some creamy yellow (again, muted.) It's a very neutral rug. I bought it to dress up a spare bedroom and it's perfect - I rotate between a slate blue comforter and a champagne-colored comforter and both look great with it. Well made.
Nice rug, very pretty, a bit lighter than photo indicated but will work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar, not quite as brown, a little lighter than photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Basically right
This is a beautiful rug with a thick pile. My only problem with it is that the color is lighter than I thought it would be. Otherwise, the quality is outstanding!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is lighter than I thought it would be.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is extremely high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The picture made the rug look darker than it actually is.
I was just thrilled when we unrolled the carpet. The color was perfect. I had read the other reviews about the brown color (there are many shades & descriptions), but I searched and looked at hundreds of area rugs and this one seemed to match the color scheme in my living room. The blue accents match my couch perfectly!! Can't beat the price - got a very thick carpet and good quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? colors were exactly as appeared on my monitor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very thick; good workmanship on finished edges
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I really like the rug but it made me very sick from upper respiratory allergies. It took me a few days to realize the rug was making me sick because it was shedding just a bit but the fibers had filled the air in my house. I had to have it professionally cleaned and they filled up bags of wool shreds that were vacuumed up before washing it. I was frustrated that I had to pay to have it cleaned when it was brand new. It is fine now and if I didn't like the rug, I would have returned it. If you have any allergies, I would definitely avoid this rug.
I found Overstock to be very user-friendly. And my item was shipped timely.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Great quality!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes! It looks just like the picture and description.