This has the most uneven heating surface of any griddle I've used. I allowed almost 30 minutes to heat up and still ended up with pancakes that are completely striped. I had a double batch so the griddle had plenty of time to heat up and even out, but the entire batch came out with three or four stripes per pancake. Wish I could post a picture of how awful this worked, because I can't believe anyone else is having success with it! Do not recommend.
My mother use's it evey day she cook's her steak's and egg's and a lot of other stuff as well. I brought it for her for christmas when open her gift she was surpise to get one and now she has one now thank's to overstock.and there awesome item's. Thank you overstock.
This is really unfortunate. I am stuck with a grill that I ordered in September 2012. I just used it for the first time today. For starters I battled the grill to get the heating element in it. Second, it did not get hot enough to cook pancakes well. they were tough with the texture of when grill is not hot enough. I had it as hot as it would go. I had a difficult time getting my eggs cooked. Obviously this grill was not tested . Should have never been sold. shame on you!!!
I had an electric griddle and gave it away when I moved to smaller place but fond myself needing one again in new bigger space. this one was priced right and good size. when I got it I was concerned by the plastic grease and warming trays like how they were going to heat up, metal would have made more sense. I cooked pancakes and bacon on it first morning for 10 people and when I was cleaning up I found the drip tray melted from grease and after several uses so did the warming tray. the griddle itself has a recessed trim that food drippings get stuck in, since its not to be submerged I went two more uses before I couldn't stand the crusty food and ran water all over it and used baby bottle scrub brush to get in the cracks. I let is dry and didn't use for quite awhile because I was afraid after getting it so wet. the griddle itself is great but cord is too short and with the melted trays which we now mold tin foil into every time I sort of hate the product and only use occasionally now
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate enough
Why has it taken me so long to buy a griddle to cook pancakes on???? This has been wonderful for that purpose. I have also used it to cook bacon and the grease catcher fills up fast so you have to watch that closely but I've been happy with this purchase.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a nice griddle of good quality and is made well
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
No more lousy pancakes and saugage. Great griddle !!! Never sticks and great for large family. Easy cleanup.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. for the money, you cant beat it !!!!!!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I wanted to find an inexpensive griddle with a large surface area and this one seemed to fit the bill. It heats up quickly and I can cook a whole package of bacon in probably 1/3 the time it was taking me with a conventional stove-top pan. The distribution of heat across the surface is not very even, but once you know where the hot spots are it's easy enough to manage by shifting the food around. There's a fair amount of plastic parts so there may be some durability issues in the long run, but so far it's functionally competent. The non-stick surface works as advertised and clean up is pretty straightforward. I have not yet tried the warming tray. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the product and its value for the money spent.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate enough
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Reasonably good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate enough