The company seems to have worked out the flaws in this product. There is an adjustable thermostat which previous models didn't have. The unit also comes with a dual gauge regulator. The fridge could get a little colder and the co2 tank would be better if it was a 5 pound, but other than that the kegerator has preformed nicely.
For the price the unit itself is ok, but spend the extra money on the more expensive units. I had to replace the regulaor with a dual guage regulator and the air supply line, since the line supplied does not fit a dual guage regulator. Read up on the specs of the unit before buying...unlike me. The specs of the unit you purchase should have a 5 lbs. CO2 bottle and a dual gauge regulator.The CO2 tank retaining O-ring broke about 1 minute after being installed. The regulator was only putting out 6 to 7 PSI fully opened. Most beer kegs require a pressure from 9 to 14 PSI to dispense properly. The instructions and video CD they send along are very poorly written. I had a professional come in and check the unit out after finding the beer would not dispense. It ran very slow from the faucet and the glass was 3/4 full of foam. We spent about 3 hours replacing the beer lines, fittings and the complete air supply line. After that unit does function better. That's why I would not recommend this unit, but buy a high price unit.....................remember you get what you pay for......in this case cheap.
I happy with the item, except for the two dents on the left side of the Kegorator.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good. Kegorator had two dents on the left side.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Match
Good quality product for the money. Everything works well. One pressure guage was broken out of the box. Manufacturer says they will replace the guage. So far it is a good value
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black was black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Most of product arrived in good condition, except one pressure guage glass was broken.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
Product seems to work OK. The set-up instructions a out-of-date, seach the web and look for K2150 these work better. Watch-out overstock price is way too high !!!.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Instructions for assembly and operation were questionable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good