Although this cabinet is fairly nice looking, we had way too many problems with it's quality and dimensions. The broken pieces, the scratched wood and the fact that our media accessories didn't end up fitting (we expected a depth closer to the 17" they stated) make this a risky purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly darker than on site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The first cabinet arrived in a damaged box; both the top and bottom of the piece were broken. Overstock sent us another... although better, it still isn't perfect. This time the top of the cabinet was scratched. We kept it just so we could be "done" with this purchase.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? When describing a cabinet, it would be helpful to know how deep the INSIDE of the cabinet is.. Beware, the top, including the trim in 17" but the cabinet will only hold your media pieces up to 13"!!!
I don't often write reviews on products, but this one was more than something I didn't like...the quality is so bad - from the splintered and poorly stained wood to the cheap screws to put it together. We should have realized from the first piece we unpacked that we should just pack it back up and return it. The molding of the top portion was disconnected and splintered at the corners. We could push it back together so decided to continue to build it. After about an hour of putting this together we finally got to putting on the front doors only to see that they were so horribly warped that while the top portion of the door closed correctly, the bottom was 1.5" away from the frame. It didn't sit flat on the floor at all and the whole thing was not level. The only good thing about this purchase was Overstock's customer service. I chatted online with customer service, and they were very helpful, apologetic and provided free return. However, the return label was only for UPS drop off...scheduling a pick up was not allowed. The box it shipped in was about 5 feet long and weighed well over 100lbs. With something of this size the return label provided should allow for UPS pick up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched the discription
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was terrible. the wood pieces had large flaws in the color, the top corner of the molding on all corners was not matched and one side had splintered wood. The tools provided to build were very cheep and 3 screws broke when we were trying to put it together. The front doors were warped and would not close.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate - accept the quality
This cabinet is good quality piece of furniture for the money. Everything is made out of wood, even the back of it is made out of thin plywood. Screws were also provided to attach the back as oppose to nails most lower cost pieces come with. On the negative side, the pre-drilled holes for the right door hinges were not in the right place. I made it work by re-drilling holes which was not an easy task. Also, the description of dimensions shown, 42 inches high x 39 inches wide x 17 inches long should have been more specific. I needed a cabinet with at least 17" shelf dept. to store 16" long photo albums but the actual shelf size in this case was only 12.75" to my surprise. I can still use the cabinet as a display case and continue to search for a low cost cabinet to store my photo albums.
I really like the looks of this bookcase, and it was fairly easy to assemble. A few weeks after I got it, the top cracked for no apparent reason. I don't know if it has something to do with the lack of moisture in the air in MN during the winter, but I've never had any other furniture crack on its own. I haven't yet contacted Overstock to see if they will replace it, as I just noticed the crack over this last weekend.
What a lousy thing to sell to anyone. I sent it to my daughter as a pick me up gift and it did not do the trick. It never went together properly so I just sent her a load of frustration. She is has assembled many other pieces. She has proper tools and a great sense of how things should go. Please stop selling this box of scrap wood.
This is a nice, heavy piece of furniture - solid wood pieces! It was easy to assemble with one exception - guide holes were missing on one of the doors. We were able to add then ourselves by lining it up with the other door. The finished product is really nice and similar furniture costs double at a local furniture store. Well worth the time to assemble it for the savings!
The instructions are not always clear, the pre-drilled holes do not line up, and one of the doors won't even shut properly. I bought this to show off some pretty crystal and china, and I'm afraid to put anything on the top shelf because it is so wobbly. Incredibly disappointed.
Design is awesome. Looks beautiful. Took about an hour to put this thing together. The initial shipment came with some defects, but Overstock.com customer service sent me out the new parts without a hassle. Great customer service. Very communicative and followed up with me almost every day. The wood is heavy and feels solid. Did I say the design is beautiful. Bottom line. I love it and I love the customer service. Only reason why I didn't rate it as excellent is because there was a slight blemish in the new part that was sent out to me; however, customer service took care of me and gave me a discount on future purchases.
Everything is great with this unit. I did struggle with getting the doors mounted.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exxcellant
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellant
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellant
This was such a beautiful piece, unfortunately mine came with the top broken (UPS I believe) so I had to return but I am keeping it in mind for the next order if still available.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Touch darker
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Nice looking, a few glitches getting it together, some instructions are not clear and we had the top on backwards which we realized once the doors were attached and would not close . The inside has many holes drilled for shelves however only two actual choices that line up so you cannot vary the shelf heights. Otherwise, very pleased with purchase
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. better than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Do not waste your money. Cheaply made, horrible directions. The doors do not close, they are loose and will not stick to the magnet. The shelves are not sturdy. They also do not fit properly, so they are wobbley. There were chips in the wood.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. POOR
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Poor quality
great cabinet; used in my entryway; replaced the doorknobs with pretty antique ones; would be better to have 2 people to assemble but not necessary
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, reasonably priced
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
I have put together lots of products from beds, to cribs to complicated cabinets and desks, I like the challenge and the joy that comes when all pieces fit together to make a nice product.. This is the worst product to try to put together. The' screws do not align with the holes and they dont even stick even if u use a power tool. The "cam pins ' do not fit. I didn't want to be stuck with a return so I tried many ways to make it work but it couldnt. If u try to align one side the other is slanded or worse comes right off. I have kids in the house, this is a dangerous product coz nothing can be screwed firmly. Looks to me like someone was just punching holes anyhow and packed in a bunch of boards and screws. I would like the manufacturer to try putting the one they send me together. This has to go back and now am back to shopping again:(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor quality of workmanship
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
This cabinet looks amazing and is perfect for my needs. There are actually four (4) shelves - two on each side. I didn't realize there was a divider but it wasn't a problem for my purposes. The assembly instructions were a little bit confusing (use common sense to install the center support as the instructions graphic is backwards). A small bit of damage during delivery but it is an area that I can't readily see so it works well for me. I highly recommend this item! Great deal, looks excellent, adds a great deal of space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid materials.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate for the most part.