I ordered 5 sets of these dishes and the arrived without a scratch. They are well made stoneware with a very solid feel to them. I can run them through the dishwasher with no problems. They have an elegant sophisticated sytle which I'm proud to use with guests.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These dishes are superior in feel and style
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate
Being in the market for 'different' tableware, I've been looking around for quite awhile. I checked these out, and remembering the *** China I bought 40 years ago, I decided to take a chance that they would be great. And they are..... I bought my favorite colors, and the square plates make me smile. Thanks...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good match to the color on the computer.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Noritake has a good name for China dishware, and they still do.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I wanted to go from Round plates, to something different. I'm happy with these.
Bought one set, loved them. Bought 7 more sets in two colors. Guests comment frequently on the dishes. I didn't know anyone cared. I like that they don't break when I drop them and the wife likes that they can get thrown in the dish washer with no fuss.
This place setting is really nice. You can tell it's quality by the look and feel of it. I love it. It has a negative though. Your food arrangement looks fantastic, when it's first put on the plate, but, as you eat it all tends to move to the middle due to the curving of the plate. Your sauce from an entree can end up all over your vegetables.
I love everything about these dishes! The plates are a great size and shape, the bowls are nice and deep for soup or cereal and the coffee mugs are a great size as well. I ordered the turquoise and it has a beautiful finish, what I would call casually elegant. They also seem very durable, have had them 2 weeks and love them so far. The only problem we have had with them is loading the dinner plates in the dishwasher. The square plates seem a little more awkward to load in the dishwasher than our old round plates.
We love the color, they arrived perfect, no chips, scratches or breaks even though as one review said the packing is not great. There is a huge empty space at the top between the inner and outside box that allows for crushing of the outside box. We have only had them a few days but I'm over the moon happy with them and I looked for something very different and durable for months.