I am impressed with the quality of the bench cabinet. The color is beautiful. The quality of the wood is solid and strong. The size of the bench/cabinet is perfect for my space. Talking about the price, I think I really got a fantastic deal on O.com. I am really glad that I decided on this one. I highly recommend to everyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very beautiful color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
It's very solid and the color is gorgeous. I was deciding between this bench and a front entry table and I'm so glad we went with this bench. It's a little wider than I had imagined but it's my own fault since I didn't pay much attention to the dimensions. I didn't put any of the shelves inside and use the cubbies to put our shoes in. I love the fact that our shoes are no longer in plain sight. My front entry looks so much cleaner. My husband and I were extremely happy with this bench even though it took him over an hour to put together. We love the fact that it's solid wood! Worth it!
One of the pieces was split in two when it arrived but rather than return it, we glued it and it looks fine. Also, the directions to assemble were awful but after assembling two other piece from the same "family" my husband knew what to do.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color very accurage
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. One piece was split in half upon arrival
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
I arrived in near perfect condition and was rather easy to put together. The instructions were easy to follow. The color was perfect and I knew it was not of the highest quality when I made the purchase so I was not disappointed. It will serve the purpose for what I needed, the measurements were correct online so it fit in the space I had planned with no problem. Plus, it is a nice design. One problem that I had while putting it together was the Bottom Support brace was too tall. Hence when you stood the bench upright it wobbled like a see-saw. I had to remove that support bracket for now. I will contact customer support about this issue. On the whole, I would recommend this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was actual as online. Very nice.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is of low grade but for what I needed it for it was just fine. I would not allow any heavy items or people sit on it though.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate but it did not list the weight that it would hold, if it did, I didn't see it.
This bench looks nice and I like that it sits up off the floor. however, the doors stick and scrape against the frame - we had our contractor put this together - and it makes it so I don't want to use the cubbies. I wanted to put the kids' shoes in here but because the doors are such a fight I wind up just putting the shoes in front it it. I wish I got one with just open cubbies. it's not bad looking though.
I searched in stores for months for the right storage bench. This one caught my eye online and I decided to purchase it. It took some time to put together, but it was worth it. It is a strong, solid piece that will hold up for many years. The finish is beautiful and it works perfectly in my foyer.
We were looking for a bench for our entry way. The bench is exactly as pictured. The quality is amazing, especially for the price. My husband can comfortably sit and tie his shoes. ( It supports his weight of 220 lbs. without any wobble.) And, when company comes, you can hide all the shoes in the cabinet.
the holes were not drilled in the correct position on two pieces, which made it a complete hassle to assemble. Fortunately my husband is a craftsman and with his tools and know-how, he drilled the appropriate holes and Gerry-rigged it to work. It actually looks great. but it was big change from everything else we have ordered from overstock, where directions are clear and the parts properly prepared.
We got this bench as a way to create an entryway space in our small rowhouse. It is beautiful, exactly as pictured, and solid wood throughout. The shelf inside each compartment is adjustable, and you don't have to install it at all if you don't want to. Great for sitting, too. Glad I ordered this!
Some of the illustrations are not just unclear, they're actually WRONG. Had I not had lots of prior experience putting flat-pack furniture together, it's likely I'd have ended up with the two interior vertical supports incorrectly placed - as they're incorrectly shown in the drawings. Instead, I first compared the spacing for the doors and confirmed that the vertical supports should be attached on the outside rather than inside of the two horizontal cleats on the underside of the seat. The order of assembly is very, very poorly thought out; several tasks would be much easier completed if they were done before other tasks. All in all, the instructions are so poor that they have caused me to eliminate another Simpli Home product from even being considered. The bench itself is very nice, but the ineptitude of the instruction writers overshadows that fact. Order this product only if you're open to dealing with the assembly challenges.
Nice bench for the price. Expect to spend some time assembling this. The cam locks can be difficult to install and the doors will take a while because the predrilled holes for the screws that hold the hinges are not that obvious or deep. Since this is pine there was what appeared to be some sap residue that was there when the finish was applied. But nothing that a good polishing can't remove. It was well packed and all of the pieces were there. The instructions are not the best but with a little patience one can figure them out. Overall a nice piece of furniture that requires some work to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I use this bench as a backdoor entry bench where i and the kids can sit to put on shoes on the way out to the garage and car. The kids love it because they can put several pairs of shoes in the cupboards since they have small feet. The bench is sturdy, well made and great quality wood finish. It matches our decor great, and has a timeless feel as well as a bit contemporary. The honey brown color matches our trim in the house perfectly. It is also a perfect width to fit the area I needed it in. Most benches are much wider and have baskets. I love the closing cupboards to hide the shoes and clear the hall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
With the exception of the slightly uneven finish color and the cheap camlocks, I can say this is a good bench. I did not return mine and am happy with it despite the flaws. Assembly is fairly easy. Just go easy on locking the camlocks! My package came with two extra so I only wound up being one short. Definitely sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The tone was right but it was very obviously sprayed on as it didn't quite hit evenly into the corners. It's not terribly obvious, but being a painter, I noticed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood is very sturdy. Once assembled, I can stand on the seat with absolutely no wobble. The cam locks, however, are made of a very cheap metal. I snapped three in half while trying to lock them in place. I'm a girl.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Measurements were correct.
Very handsome and solid bench just as pictured. Took my husband a little longer than expected to assemble because he put the back panel on backward and had to take it apart halfway thru. It's a keeper.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes
This piece was reasonably easy to put together, and appears to be fairly sturdy. we will see how well it holds up after a year of use. It looks very nice, the color is a nice warm brown. My only complaint is that the pre-drilled holes were not perfectly lined up on the doors, and those were fairly difficult to install correctly. One door looks great and the other not so great. I left the middle one off. I actually think if I were to buy it again I would prefer it without any of the doors installed. Overall a decent piece for the money.
I received this bench today, and started to assemble it myself. Well, one of the pre-drilled holes were not aligning to a couple parts, so I had to have my husband drill the holes in the right places. Other than that defect, the quality of this bench is good and I am happy with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate