This product arrived in two boxes. You must have ample space to assemble this. Unfortunately for me, there was a piece missing which I didn't discover until I was well into the assembly. I'm not sure how a 5-1/2' long board can be left out of the packaging but a quick call to the manufacturer had the part on its way. A later week I received the part and continued the assembly. No more complicated than any other ready to assemble product. Better than average hardware and door hinges Finish was good except that the painted cardboard back piece was creased and visible through the shelves. The directions were good except that after assembly, there was no direction on how or if it is able to mount to a bed frame. I just attached it to the wall which allows the bed to moved without the headboard. I also think there should be wire holes for running cords to outlets so you can put lamps, clocks etc on the shelf. Still, a decent product which I would recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate to description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This is, believe it or not, a great headboard for smaller bedroom, mainly because you won't need end tables because of the storage already there. It's a very neutral design. We hid a small desk behind it by pulling the bed and headboard about two and a half feet from the wall. You can't see the desk unless someone is working at it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and very, very heavy. If you want to float the bed away from the wall, the weight of the headboard requires nothing to keep it in place.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The headboard is a great value. The assembly took a little longer than expected but still it was not bad (about 2 1/2 hrs). If I needed another storage headboard for a teen I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of these.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly as shown on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality especially for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was exact
The biggest challenge with this piece of furniture was putting it together! I recommend two people to get the job done. We had one minor glitch, but it was my error (flipped and reversed two pieces), but we were able to back track and unwind it. We are happy with the headboard and it works great in our small guest room. Now we can have a queen sized bed in there.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was accurately depicted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is not a high end piece of furniture, hence the price. However, it is perfect for our need in a guest room.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate and fair.
This is definitely not furniture that you will hand down to your grandchildren, but I was looking for a Full Size Headboard for my 7-yr old son's room and this fit the bill. It came in one box and it's was heavy but manageable. Items were packed VERY WELL and nothing was damaged, THOUGH NOTHING WAS LABELED EITHER. No stickers - no stamps on the sides of the pieces! It took about 30 mins to confirm that all the hardware and parts were indeed there and to label each board based on the pics in the manual. It wasn't difficult but a little irritating. Assembly took about an hour and a half at a comfortable pace. Very straighforward assembly. This did not come with hardware to mount the headboard to the bed frame, so I will be making a trip to the store to come up with a way to attach it (thinking L-Brackets and some screws). Without attaching, the headboard hits the wall when you climb into bed and I don't feel that it's real secure as a freestanding piece. The quality is your basic partical board furniture. It's on the lower end as far as details and Im sure I could've gotten a better looking piece for $100 more, but for a little boys room, it provides a little more storage for him to hide his little toys in and he seems pleased with it. The shelves and drawers are SUPER SHALLOW (no book would fit) and I would say they are only 3" deep at best. Thought he could display his built lego car sets, but they hang over the ledge a bit, so keep that in mind. Also,the headboard it not much taller that your pillows stacked and standing upright, so it almost disappears behind the pillows and you need to move your pillows to get into the two center cabinets. This headboard is fine for a few years and the price was decent, so I would recommend buying it.
The headboard is of very good quality for the price. The color was just as the description said it was. I found it to be fairly simple to put together. It took me almost 2 hours which was a surprise to me given the other reviews said it took them 5+ hours to assemble. I had it all in place the very first day I recieved it and it did not arrive until 11:30am. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good quality headboard. It is very sturdy and would stand up to time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it was exactly as the description implies
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
All in all for the price the headboard is worth it to me. There were some damaged parts, such as scratches and chips, however they were not bad enough for me to want to re-package and send back. There is a black marker included to fill in the scratches and I just wood glued what I could of the chiped pieces back in place. The directions for these items are never very good but my partner and I managed putting it together one night after dinner. Looks very nice and is quite sturdy. The only thing I don't like is that it is particleboard and not actual MDF as stated in the description. I would purchase again or recommend to a friend. The hinges for the doores are very nice, adjustable, so we were able to get the doors to match perfectly.
The two headboards I ordered arrived yesterday and we had them both put together in a matter of a couple hours. Easy to follow directions, minimal tools required. Looks very nice in my boys bedrooms, very sturdy, good quality, Great price!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I purchased this to go with a full size bed and I didn't expect it to be so much bigger than the bed. My daughter who is a teen wanted to build it herself and she did so with very little help so that should show its not hard to put up, but it is time consuming. I wanted to give it to my son who has a queen sized bed and get another full sized headboard for my daughter, but she immediately had her brothers put it in her room and she set the thing up with all her stuff. She absolutely loves this headboard. I like the look of it myself, but I wish it wasn't so long. I really should have measured!! Anyways its a pretty good headboard for the money and looks really nice. If you are buying it for a full size bed you may just want to get out the measuring tape so you can see how much its going to stick out.