This cooler has a better fill level design than the older model I had. Much easier to see the water level. It is easy to operate and is not really noisy. I do wish it had an automatic shut off when it runs out of water but the water tank is sufficient for5 hours or so. I am in a very dry climate so it does work very well.
I live in a hot, dry, desert climate and it gets to 115+ degrees in the summer. I like evaporative coolers because they reduce the price of the power bill for central air, but also add moisture to the air. The problem is that I go through these coolers every several seasons. This year I decided to just get "cheaper" ones, since even the expensive ones didn't last. Soo, I got this cooler about a month ago, and it works great. It does NOT cool the house, but it definitely keeps the living area much cooler, and adds the needed moisture. I save a lot of money using this cooler. It works great and we haven't had any problems with it. It's slightly clunky, but less so than others ones I've had. Overall, I would definitely recommend this cooler.
Cooler worked brilliantly on the first few nights, but stopped working after the fifth night. The electronics appeared functional -- just nothing else worked. No fan. No cool air. Nothing. Overstock did send out a replacement immediately, so we'll see how it goes. For the hassle I've already been through, I probably wouldn't buy again. My initial reaction when the first unit arrived was, "Oh crap, Overstock sent me a returned item." This was based on the chords not being wound properly and parts of the unit that were already installed, which -- according to the directions -- shouldn't have been. Anyway, second unit looks better. Will update if this one dies too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looked fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The first one lasted exactly eight days, with five nights of usage. Product died on the hottest evening of the summer -- so far.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Since the site didn't say it would die after five nights of use, I would say it's innacuurate
Can be use for smaller space like bedroom to make it work. It's not 100% effective like an AC but it some what cools off small area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good. It cools my bedroom. It's not 100% cold but it helps
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ot that accurate