This rectangular chandelier is an elegant addition to any home decor. This lighting fixture features a brushed nickel finish and a light grey hardback shade. Take your lighting from a fixture to a focal point with this New Ventura grey rectangular chandelier. The contemporary design attracts attention, while the soft finish provides the light that is needed from a chandelier. This versatile chandelier is the perfect way to complete any living room, dining room or entryway.
Includes two 6-inch rods and two 12-inch rods
Fixture finish: Brushed nickel
Shades: Rectangular light grey shade
Number of lights: 3
Requires three (3) 100-watt bulbs (not included)
Cap dimensions: 5 inches high x 17 inches wide x 1.25 inches thick
Dimensions: 10 inches high x 42 inches wide x 10 inches deep
This fixture does need to be hard wired. Professional installation is recommended.
Black, Brown, Gold, Silver, White
Number of Light
36 in or more
14 in or less
Ceiling Light Fixture Type
Light Bulb Type
Thank you. Your feedback will help us create the best experience for our customers.
Buyers beware. Maybe I received a different one than the other reviewers but the one I received was not very nice. I expected average quality for the price. I was not expecting perfection but the one I received had the following issues:
- the rings that hold the light to the base was rusted. I tried to polish the rings since they are highly visible but could not get it shinny.
- the inside hardware that held the shade and bulbs was scratched up, had a bad paint job and rusted. This is not super annoying since you can't see this part of the lamp, but it just shows the poor quality of this product.
- As with other reviewer's comments, the base on my unit also didn't fit flush to the ceiling (it is not due to my ceiling). The issue is with the screws that came with the unit. It was too long so you can't get the cap screws tight enough to push the base plate up so that it mounts flush. I was able to fix this by going to the hardware store to find a shorter screw.
- the edges on the shade are definitely not glued on adequately. I should have looked at the pictures on Overstock more closely. If you zoom over certain areas of the lamp shade pictures you can see that there are areas that appear loose and not glued appropriately. My unit has slightly worst edges on the exterior, where some areas are coming loose. On the inside the area closes to where the shade meets the hardware, the shade fabric is mangled and not glued neatly, which leaves awful broken lines on the shade when the light is turned on. I will have to repair this with some fabric glue.
- the electrical wires that are barely visible on the Overstock pictures are definitely more visible than in the pictures on the site, especially the grounding wire that is cooper in color when contrasted to the stainless silver rings. This is a design issue not a quality issue.
- the unit I received was not level due to the imperfections in the welding on hardware frame that left the unit slightly mangled when it arrived.. I had to work really hard to make the lamp level. I must have installed the unit three times before I realized that it wasn't the installation. Once I laid the unit flat on the floor, I figured out the problem was with the hardware frame. To fix the issue, I had to unscrew the factory assembled frame and insert some shims in between the washers that held the shade and lamp up.
- the last issue is with the long rods that suspended the lamp from the base. The unit came with plenty of rods for a very tall installation but the treads on the rods were not done perfectly such that it caused the rod not to be perfectly straight when they are attached to each other.
So why didn't I return the item to Overstock? It's because I am too lazy to pack this unit up after all the time I spent fixing all of the flaws. If I had to do it again, I would not buy this unit. I would recommend that others including myself spend a little more money and buy a better unit else where and avoid all the hassles.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was as pictured and posted
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Horrible...bad seems, rusted parts, screws didn't fit, and not level.
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate except for the quality
My husband installed this in my dining room yesterday and I must say that it is absolutely perfect for my space I have a 8-10 people dining set and was looking for something with volume. This does it. I love love love it!!
For the price, its a great value. the detail quality is lacking. When the light is on, you can see the poorly cut edging. But for this price I'll keep it and when the light is off, everyone compliments it. Just wish they could finish it better. It would then be the perfect light !!
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the light! For less than $$$, the light is very substantial and a wonderful quality. Some reviews said that the pieces weren't very good or the corners were coming apart, but mine was perfect! It is a large light, though. You need a large space for it to work. The light comes with extra rods to make it longer or shorter. I love my light and couldn't wait to write a review! I would highly recommend the light!
Light looks great. The glass that hooks on the bottom was cut square (corners) but the light fixture was not square (corners). We had a choice of almost breaking the glass to get it on, returning it, or having new glass cut. We chose to cut new glass. Tr the glass on before you install the light.
The fixture itself is beautiful -- exactly what I expected. As other reviewers mentioned, installation takes a lot of patience -- and perhaps an engineering degree. The parts and hardware aren't well designed. My very handy husband made numerous trips to the hardware store to make it work. That said, the end result is very good.
I am thrilled with how this light turned out. I think it is really sharp looking and provides a much needed boost to our dining/kitchen area. I can see what other reviewers are saying about the fabric at the edges being a tad uneven, but honestly it isn't noticeable unless you are really, really looking with a critical eye. For the price/size of this light fixture, I can not complain. I think it's great. Abeautiful, light gray, the picture is quite accurate.
Hello anka30, yes you can hook the New Ventura Grey Rectangular Chandelier to a dimmer switch. Please feel free to contact us again with any further questions. Thank you for shopping with us!overstockcustomercare1 on Jun 10, 2014
Can this light be hung off centered. My light box is not centered in my room.bearzy on Apr 29, 2014Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Hello bearzy, the light can be hung any place in the room. Check to make sure the dimensions will allow it to fit where you are hanging it. The dimensions are as follows: 10 inches high x 42 inches wide x 10 inches deep
Thank you for shopping with us! Vicki Hoverstockcustomercare2 on May 9, 2014
you will have about 12 inches to move it if you want to cover your old fixture hole.Beavsgirl on Jan 16, 2015
Hello jtuck36, That depends, since it comes with two 6-inch rods and two 12-inch rods, you would add either 6 or 12 inches to the height of the fixture (which is 10 inches), depending on which installation you choose. Thanks for shopping with us.
overstockcustomercare1 on Apr 28, 2014
Thank you for shopping with us kileysr. We do not sell additional rods but home improvement stores do. Have a great day.overstockcustomercare1 on Sep 25, 2013
What is the longest length that this light fixture can be extended to? I have vaulted ceilings and need it to hang about 45 inches down from the ceiling. Thank you!novak22 on Apr 5, 2013Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Thank you for your interest in the New Ventura Grey Rectangular Chandelier. This inly comes with two 6-inch rods and two 12-inch rods. If they can be combined, it will hang 18 inches. I would suggest maybe looking into chains so it will hang the 45 inches.
overstockcustomercare1 on Apr 10, 2013
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.
Shop Overstock™ and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.