We've been through 5 or 6 rice/vegetable steamers in the last 15 years. I purchased this one because the form-factor we are used to is no longer available in most stores, but we like the clear steamer bowl. Although it says it is a five quart capacity, the actual rice bowl is very tiny, only holding 2 cups of cooked rice. The timer is mechanical, which I like, but there is no 'keep warm' feature.This will be great for when the kids are gone, and we're just feeding two. While we have a family of five, though, It's not quite adequate for our needs, and that wasn't clear from the product description.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems to be well-made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Some important points missing.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes
First, the steamer is quite smaller than I expected. The two trays helps, but it's still pretty small. Second, the plastic baskets are flimsy and cheap! I feel like it might break if i twist it a wrong way. Lastly, It takes longer to warm up than my last steamer. Overall, i wouldn't recommend this product to someone in the market for a good steamer. I've used better!
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No