I purchased this product for my husband as an early birthday gift, so that he was able to make jerky from his latest adventure. He has made 2 batches so far and seems to be enjoying it. The cool thing about this product is that you can purchase additional trays if you need more room. Oh, and the jerky seasoning that comes with it is fantastic. Only problem is that not too many places carry the product, so you have to purchase it online.
After many years using a round dehydrator with the motor attachment on the bottom,( it was a nightmare to clean) I saw this square one and liked the extra space it offers. I've used it 1 time and it works great, fast, quite and cleans up is the dishwasher no problem. Having the motor on top makes all the difference. I would recommend this 100%. I do wish it had an on/off switch instead of unplugging from the wall, but I'll trade that flaw for the ease of the top motor and clean up.
This dehydrator is great... it works really well. The only issue I have is it does not have an on/off you must unplug. For the price this is worth it... if you like to make energy bars etc you will need additional solid trays (it only has one in the set.)
I had a dehydrator several years ago but it was a pain to operate and clean. This unit is much better, holds more, easy to clean and actually can dry things faster than it claims. Very pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate, right on the money
This square shaped dehydrator works perfectly for jerky because its excellent for laying out the meat strips. The four large trays holds quite a bit of meat. My first batch of jerky was approximately 2 lbs. of meat strips and that only took up 3 of the trays. I have not used the dehydrator for anything else yet but I will. This thing isn't loud or annnoying and is nice looking too. My order form o.co came within a few days and I'm really pleased with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The product looks better because it has a slight pattern to it, excellent.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The lid is very substantial and solid and the trays are lightweight which is fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
This is my first dehydrator and this machine exceeded my expectations. The instructions are well written and the appliance works as advertised. Thus far I have dried apple rings, made fruit leather from apple sauce and pureed mangos all of which turned out great. I ventured into making beef jerky from ground beef using Nesco's original jerky spice and jerky gun. To my amazement the jerky came out perfect and I can't stop eating it. The different temperature settings make it very easy. There is no guesswork and so far everything has come out perfect and it does not take very long for the dehydration process. I am very pleased with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made appliance and works very well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally accurate
I liked this product, and used it for several seasons. I even got additional trays as the dehydrator can hold up to 8. Then, this summer, the dehydrator power head just stopped - no heat, no hair - nada. I contacted the company and they said they don't repair the heads but could sell me another head (for nearly as much as I paid for the product initially). I even took the head to an electrician to see if he could fix it and he said no. I'll probably purchase another power head as I do like to dehydrate tomatoes and other foods.So, I'll cough up another chunk of money for another head - otherwise, what can I do with those 8 trays? Unless, I buy another brand... Anyways, the product did a great job - it just didn't last as long as I think it should have.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. stopped working after 18 months
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I shopped around alot prior to purchase. There was another one I liked but it would have cost more than twice the price of this unit. I read one persons review which pointed out that the motor was on top, so clean-up was a snap..I was really grateful to this person for pointing that out. Ease of clean-up means I'll use it more. I could care less about an on off switch. It was no hassle to check product drying. I was able to purchase this one at a great price. I feel this is a much higher quality unit then ones I looked at at discount stores for a compariable price.(and they had motors in bottom of unit) They were not nearly as sturdy. I have dried corn, beans and sweet potatoes so far. I put them in and go to work.(.beans took longer) and then vacuum seal when I get home. Its a plan that is working for me and this wonderful unit. I am VERY HAPPY WITH THIS PURCHASE.
This is very easy to use, easy to clean and easy to store. Great price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made, sturdy trays
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Bought this for my son-in-law and he immediately made a batch of beef jerky. Very simple to use and the Jerky was fantastic. Next up dried mango!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly what I expected
I bought this dehydrator since I had so many apples and tomatoes at the end of the summer. The dehydrator works very well - just as advertised. I have dried a few batches of apple slices - they came out great! I am not as happy with the tomatoes - but that is not the dehydrator's fault - just beware that tomatoes grow mold unless you use them right away or store them with some olive oil. The dehydrator has several shelves; the motor is quiet; and the fruits/vegetables come out great! The unit is easy to clean - I just don't know where to store it!
Purchased product primarily to make beef jerky. First batch turned out great! The drying time was quick (about 12 hours) and all the various thicknesses of the beef were very good. Clean up was pretty easy too. In my opinion this is a terrific product! Next I'll try "sun dried" tomatoes and probably dried apples.
This is wonderful. I waited too many years to update my old dehydrator. I bought one of these for my daughter a year ago as a gift, and she has loved it so much, I decided to buy one for myself. It has a huge capacity, dries evenly and quietly, and is easy to clean. I also appreciated working with overstock.