I love this pressure cooker! My Aunt had one when we went to visit and was using it to can and it was great. You can keep up with your garden each day and not have to wait until you have an abundance and work all day sweating over the stove. I go out to the garden pick corn, green beans, squash, tomatoes etc. and do enough for 2+ jars whether quart or pint. I do a little each night after work and my pantry is filling up with vegetables for this winter. This is the best thing since sliced bread :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As seen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is heavy well built and runs great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as is
As one who had never used a pressure cooker, I can tell you I feel totally confident using this one! Many safety features, easy to load and clean, easy to understand controls. Love it and will be using it often! NOTE: I live at 8500 ft, so I increase cooking time by 90%! But it is still much quicker than cooking the regular way.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same color as shown on website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality, great design, lots of safety features, easy to clean
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great description, true to features
I own one of these and have purchased 4 as gifts. They are a real time saver if you use a crock pot to cook. This cooks dishes in a fraction of the time as crock pots (beef stew in 20 minutes vs. 3-4 hrs). I mainly use mine as a pressure cooker but also has other settings for versatility. It is super easy to clean. I would highly recommend it to anyone who would benefit from 30 minute meals instead of waiting 3-4 hours for a meal! Great for moms on the go like me!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We have used the pressure cooker five times since receiving it a few weeks ago and every recipe we have used has worked very well in cooker. It is easy to use and easy to clean. It is wonderful to come home from work and eat pot roast that tastes better than if it slow cooked all day.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
This made for a great present to a friend with a smaller pressure cooker that was not digital.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect description of the product on the site in comparison
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description of te product on website
At first, thought I would have to return, as the timer kept going back to zero, on the High setting, and not counting down, even though everything attached properly. So, I tried it on the Low setting and it worked after that- even the High setting. I was also worried it would be too small, but it is just right. I've already made the dog and cat food in it (makes the bones soft enough to eat, in record time). Great to have for the hotter weather, no stovetop heat... Today, I am making tomato sauce with it, and even though will probably have to make two batches (because is only 6 QT), is still far less time than cooking on the stove all day long.
Excellent product. A one pot in everything in one. Crock, pressure cooker, steamer, fryer, dishwasher safe. What more could a busy family ask for. Don't hesitate...worth the money and then some!! Perfect gift for anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. superb
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on it
I searched for a pressure cooker that was Made In USA. This was advertised as "MADE IN USA" -- see first comment after description. Apparently it is NOT. According to the label on the bottom that has the description, part number, s/n, etc. It was MADE IN CHINA". Not at all acceptable. Not sure where the incorrect info was obtained but I am NOT HAPPY> Should have known better.
I purchased this pressure cooker after my 14 year old one quit working. I did research online with other more well known brands and decided to purchase this one as it has the same features and looks similar to my old unit. I am very pleased with the quality and performance. The stainless steel is above average in looks and durability and arrived in immaculate condition. The unit cooks precisely as the recipes specify and I have tried my own recipes with this unit and they also taste and turn out excellent. The price is cheaper than the other pressure cookers found on this website and others however, the price is reasonable and the cooker is above average in appealing appearance and functionality. The keep warm feature is just the right temperature as to not dry out the newly cooked foods. You will be pleased with this purchase.
I purchased this for my daughter after she had a baby so I could make some of my meals when I arrived at her house. It worked great with no problems. Apparently some users did use for canning but since I have never used it for that purpose I can't comment.
I have wanted a pressure cooker for awhile. I have checked on the quality of many of them. I found Nesco to be a good buy with good quality. When I saw the price on it from Overstock, I didn't hesitate, and I've been very pleased with the item.
It came just as described. At first we were confused by directions, but then I downloaded the complete user manual from the internet and it filled in the gaps. After figuring it out, we realized we were making directions too complicated. It is much easier to use and it doesn't hiss and spit like our old manual pressure cooker did. Not scary at all. We had a yummy pot roast in 50 minutes.
This product is very good. But I wished I had of shopped more into the electric pressure cooker. I see some cookers out there that have a better control panel on the front like buttons for other items Like Chicken, a button for rice etc etc. But over all I am Satisfied with my cooker. I've already make some wonderful Ribs that would just fall of the bone. My wife thought that I had bought the ribs else where. Not to mention in 30 minutes. Can't beat it for under a $***.**. Its well worth it.