The only problem I had when assembling it was that it wasn't clear where the hose should go out. Rather than at the bottom of the shaft which would case the heater to sit directly on the hose, there is a hole toward the bottom of the shafter that it goes out so that it can go through one of the holes in the housing cover at the bottom. I didn't see anything in the instructions that explained that. The only other problem I've had with it is I have never been able to get it lit with the switch that gives a spark when it's turned. I've seen the spark up inside but the pilot light doesn't start when using it. I just use one of those fires sticks that's like a lighter through a whole in the side that is designed to be used for that purpose. Other than that, it works well. Good to use cheap natural gas and no more trips to the store to refill the propane bottle.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Once assembled, this heater seemed pretty solid. However, it only stayed lit for about five minutes then stopped working. After much trouble-shooting, it was obvious that the thermocouple unit had failed. Overstock.com's customer service was very good about it, and they eventually just shipped a new unit so I could swap out the head portion of the heater. It works now - and I am hoping that the thermocouple lasts, because replacing just that part in the future looks like it would be difficult if not impossible. Note that the bulk of the exposed screws, nuts and bolts are not stainless, so they will immediately rust. I bought stainless knowing this would be left out on our deck - but the instructions indicate that it should be covered when not in use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems well-built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Most parts are stainless - but the parts that are not (nuts/bolts/etc.) are rusting already
Arrived undamaged and no missing parts. The review saying it HAS to be bolted down, is completely wrong. Its an option. You have to realize since this is natural gas, you don't have a huge weight at at the bottom, with a tank. It is still stable. Its not feather weight on the bottom. I still added the bolt downs on the base just to stabilize it, but wouldn't say it is necessary. Everything arrived undamaged and was great. If it was damaged, Im sure Overstock would replace it, free of additional charges. Instructions are not the best in the world, but not a huge deal. Easy enough to figure out. The only part that I had to undo and redo was with the actual gas line. The instructions say, it is not included and must be purchased separately. Not true. They include the gas line that runs down the neck. They also include a Quick Connect that you can add to your gas line. You have to read the instructions. Not that complicated, but some people seem to have problems with that. Think this is a great deal and its PERFECT!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I have been searching for a CNG patio heater for a while now. This unit puts out a really nice amount of heat. I bought 2 for my back patio. The patio is 16' x 32'. They are placed out at the edge, 16 feet from the house and you can feel heat across the entire patio. Great buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description matches product
Great product. Assembled easily with no trouble. Two person job. Definitely would recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Even though the south doesn't get frigid we do have cold nights and the heater works great to take the nip off while watching a movie in the evenings. It warms you while lounging with a bowl of popcorn and a good scary movie outside.I would reccomend this to friends and family who had natural gas available to connect to.
This heater is very poor quality! It does not have enough bolts to keep it from wobbling. It works well but started rusting almost immediatly. I would not recommend this heater to anyone unless you feel comfortable in making adjustments to add some strength to it. As well as figure a way to prevent it from rusting.
I purchased this patio heater because I wanted one that hooked to my natural gas bib on my back patio instead of using the propane tanks. It was delivered un-damaged. All the parts and hardware were in the box and it went together without much hassle. My only complaint is that the hose that comes in the box is only 10 feet long and by the time it snakes through the stem up to the burner unit, there is only a few feet hanging out the bottom. This means that you either have to leave the heater right next to the natural gas supply bib, or buy an extension hose. Well, flexible hose extensions are about $36 per 10 foot length, so if you decide to purchase this product, plan on spending at least another $40 for the extension hose. As for the unit itself, it works good and looks nice on the patio. Now that I'm over the initial disappointment of having to purchase the extension hose, I'm quite happy with it. I would recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Surprisingly easy to put together. The amount of heat these generate was a pleasant surprise. I thought it would be somewhat less than the propane version; but not at all. I would recommend replacing the existing top wing nuts with stainless wing nuts given the heat. They are a bit top heavy with no cannister, but that is an easy fix by adding weight inside the lower cowling.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? stainless
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes
Since we got, my boyfriend and me have been using it practically every night. Great to entertain parties now!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awesome!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
Excellent customer service and quick delivery.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I had read that others received theirs damaged and mine was also. Not enough to send back but the large top ring part came in three pieces and all had corders bend. It is stainless so you can bend it back. One screw was missing on the large pole. This isn't Overstock's problem but the manufacture and how they packaged it. Instructions are easy but there are some minor things they left out but you can figure it out. Product is great, works well. Seems to be build well also. Good luck!
I bought two of these for my patio. The description does not mention that the heaters have to be anchored, which means I cannot put them where I intended without drilling into the patio. Also, one of the boxes arrived damaged and missing the parts kit and heater hose. I will keep them and use them, but don't feel that it was a "good deal."