I"ve had this fountain for over a month now. I can't say anything about the durability of the fiberglass that constructs it, but I can see there are 2 things that I don't like: 1. The (3) bowls and (3) bases come in seperated sections and lock together to form a 3-tier fountain. This assembly can easily be done in 10 minutes. but the bowls have to be really leveled in order for water to flow out evenly aronnd their rims. And this is where the problem is. After I put all the pieces together, each bowls are in different levels! So never mind preparing a leveled ground for the fountain to sit on, since the fountain will not level anyway! So I had to use wood shims to adjust each bowl/base, and it's okay for now. 2. I tried to clean the (inside) bowl using garden hose to splash dirty stuffs away, and the color stain came off! So now it has patches of light color (i.e. unstained fiberglass) on the interior surface. I think I'll wait until most of the stain come off then I'll re-coat the whole thing with some exterior paint. If I had known these issues I would not buy this fountain.
We love our new fountain. It looks great in our backyard and the water makes such a soothing sound. It' very peaceful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is true to description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great - solid not cheap looking
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
I put this together in 5 minutes, so it was very straightforward. The fountain is made with very strurdy resins and fiberglass that will allow it to hold up in Texas heat, but I still may winter it over in the garage. Water flow is perfect. Level it on a sturdy base for best results. The sounds are do tranquil and loud enough to hear some distance away that it's quite enjoyable. The cord is a little short but where I'm placing it I need an extension anyway. This is awesome for the price! Concrete look-alikes are easily $750+. Great buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is slightly more mossy green in person but still beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fountain is well constructed and so easy to put together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description but color in the photo was a little deceiving.
This went together in minutes without tools. It was great that I didn't have to lift anything heavy to put it in place. It looks terrific. I have the pump on low speed, and it sounds great with little splashing. I read the other reviews that indicated that at least two people didn't like the color. I thought it was okay, but I painted it anyway to fit in to my yard scheme better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The fountain does have a little green tinge that doesn't really come through in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent.
I just recently ordered the Napa fountain. It works perfectly! Was super easy to set up.... not hard to balance either, so water flows equally. I sprayed the fountain with a clear coat, semi-gloss varnish to protect the finish, right when I got it. The fountain is a lovely addition to my patio and I like the relaxing sound of the water. A bargain for a 45" tall fountain, which I made even taller by putting a 6" stone platform under neath it. Very, very pleased with my purchase!
It shipped quickly and arrived with no issue. Assembled in 10 minutes. Needs 2-3 gallons of water added per day to keep it running. Had to move it off the patio because it leaves puddles of standing water. Paint started flaking off on Day 3. Looks bad. Very disappointed. Wouldn't buy this again.
I love my fountain it fits just great in the spot and the water sound is marvelous...I am very happy with it...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accrate
I really love this fountain. Substantial in appearance, and the sounds of the water spilling over the tiers is relaxing to me. We put this on a patio. I wouldn't recommend it being anywhere that some splashing out of the fountain would be a problem, becauae their is a bit of water on the ground when we run it. We live on a corner and the water sort of muffles traffic noise. I have priced fountains elsewhere, this is a deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
For the money, this fountain really is worth it and shipping was very minimal. I recommend this fountain to anyone. The sound is so soothing and really makes a huge difference in my back yard.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site is exactly the same as the actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This fountain is really great! It is the fountain that I have been looking for for a quite a while.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is very acurate.
This is a nice looking fountain. I have owned it for almost 2 years now. I bring it outside in the late spring and pack it away inside in the fall. It has held up reasonably well. You do have to be careful with the finish. The first summer I had it, after a while outside, it had grown some algae on the finish. Spraying it hard with the hose helps to clean it somewhat, and using a brush or sponge with do a better job, but also result in taking some of the color of the finish off of the product. This happens just spraying with the hose as well. Now I will usually just add some algaecide from the pet store or very small amount of chlorine bleach to the water to help keep it clean. The biggest problem with the fountain is that it was manufactured poorly and is not level. The base screws into the bottom of the first tier into a black plastic ring that is glued into the fountain mold. This ring is glued in lopsided on my fountain. The result is that the entire fountain is unlevel and does not allow water to properly drain down from the openings in each tier. This is a result of the fountain manufacturing because the platform in my yard it sits on is perfectly level. The solution has been to put wood shims under the fountain base to level it.
The color is kind of greenish so it blended in with the surrounding bushes. The tiers are not level and took a moment to shim up so that the water would drip on all sides. I ended up giving it a light coat of white spray paint so that it would stand out. Easy to put together, but the quality is not that good.