I was hesitant to buy something like this but I absolutely LOVE IT. The gel alcohol cans burn 8-10 inches high and lasted 4 -5 hours. You hear the crackling of the fire, and it looks like quality wood, very heavy as well. It took almost 3 hours to assemble and it was very easy, all pieces were numbered and directions were very easy. One of the corners was slightly damaged but nothing really noticeable in which I would of done myself anyway. Very tall as well, comparable with my other furniture.
I bought this for our family room and my wife and I were immediately in love with it. Assembling was easy, although there are a few tricky steps. It fits great in the corner and it looks great as well. Everyone who has seen it compliments it and I would definitely recommend it.
Delighted! Would buy from again! A+ Very Pleased overall..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. as stated
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
When I looked at the expense of building a fireplace in our living room, I thought there has to be a cheaper way. Hence my purchase of a Gel Fuel Firplace. This Mt Vernon product is awesome, and although it took about 4 hours to completely assemble, well worth it. The cans of gel fuel do last 3 hours, and there is a definite advantage to real flames, a warmer heat. I just wish it had a blower circulator, as this would heat a larger space. But for the money, Im very satisfed with the look and feel of a "real Fireplace", and no venting. The first fire has a bit of an odor, but after that nothing. Beware of the mini units, two small and they look fake. The Mt Vernon is taller, fit into the corner great, and looks like a professionally intalled fireplace. My wife and I love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality double sided veneer, may need two people to assemble, don't overtighten screws.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on