We recently received out second console--the first arrived terribly damaged. The good news was that having submitted photos, we were told we could dispose of the first console we received; we donated it. (Customer service was great.) The second shipment arrived without incident. The piece is substantial with a rich, deep warm brown color. It is unusual and has the looks of a 1940s console which works well in our older home. It could also work with contemporary furnishings. For the price, we think it was a good deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color compared closely although the stain wasn't perfectly even everywhere
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very nice product for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought this console to hold my A/V equipment. Even though the unit fit the space I had planned for it, it looked disproportionately large. I removed the glass door and put it against another wall and I am using it as a beautiful large console table without the A/V equipment. The quality is great, it is a solid piece of furniture. I have received many compliments since receiving it. The glass door does seem like an after thought and I think it looks better without it.
Nice addition to my living room, color and material as described, good quality furniture solid wood and heavy although a little damaged (wood chipped) on the R side when I received the item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as described
I think this is a beautiful piece, I love the transitional style. I was very pleased until I found a crack in the wood frame, smack dab in the center of the item, just under the top and above the center drawer. Also, there are scratches in the top finish, as well as the backing is loose due to a missing screw and the drawer slipped off it's slide. I don't know if these defects occurred in manufacturing or shipment. The drawer and backing can be fixed. Even the scratches on the top surface can be covered by the TV. I would keep the item if it were not for the crack above the drawer. I am disappointed with the extra 6 inches in height also. I have a pretty large screen, and this causes me to have to look up, rather than straight ahead, to watch my TV.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was very pleased with the construction of this item. It is very solid construction.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The height of the item as described is 30 inches. It is actually 36".