I ordered two of these chairs for my office at work. The colors are beautiful and the chairs are well made. I am a decorator and wanted a distressed english look without paying a fortune. I am so pleased, they look like they came out of a decorator showcase without paying the high decorator prices. Very easy to put together as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect. Muted gold/tan light brown and soft aqua
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good sturdy chairs
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Product was much better than expected. Very elegant. About 30 mins to assemble. Using as an accent piece in the family room. Beautiful piece of furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The wood is a bit darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy. Heavy. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
This chair is beautiful!! It matches really well with my french country decor. The only downside is that the fabric is somewhat cheap, however, the chair is still a great value! I may choose to have it re-upholstered with a plain or toile fabric.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was good. I may change the fabric some time the fabric is somewhat cheaper than I expected but the chair is still a great value!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chair arrived well-packaged and went together easily.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The product description was accurate.
This chair is a great accent chair! I was surprised because I was expecting this little lightweight thing...However, this chair is a little oversized and very comfortable!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better, richer, nice heavy fabric
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good, heavy, had to assemble and was pretty easy!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Needed an accent chair for a bedroom. Looked around town and most chairs were upwards of $400. Saw a chair similar to this one at a high-end shop for over $600! Decided to give this one a try since the colors complement what we have in the room. Delivery was fast. Gave this four stars only because assembly of the arms was a bit difficult - a very tight fit and a wooden dowel broke off during assembly. I was able to glue it with wood glue and finished the job a day later after it dried. Despite the difficulty with assembly, we are very pleased with the final product. It looks like an expensive chair! Seat itself is a bit hard, but the seating area is large and good for occasional use. Fabric is very pretty, slightly darker than on the website. Would definitely recommend this chair, just be patient during assembly!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fabric and frame are lighter on the web site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Received these chairs a week ago and finished putting them together last night. Got 2 of them and spent roughly 20 minutes per chair (5 of which was unpacking the boxes). The boxes were in perfect condition when they arrived and all the pieces were perfectly wrapped. The box contained all the hardware, the back/backlegs of the chair, the cushion, the 2 arms, and 2 of the legs. Putting together the chairs was really easy. You didn't really need the instructions as it's pretty obvious where everything fits together; however, I did end up having to get rid of one of the pegs in the back of the arm because one of the chairs wouldn't piece together. It didn't end up being a problem because you ended up screwing everything together anyways. Plus, I tested it and it could withstand all my weight on it. In total, LOVE LOVE LOVE these chairs. Perfect accents to my living room and super happy with the quality and price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect description
the fabric background color could work with gray based blue or green honestly. the quality is great. i am very pleased with my purchase. all parts and pieces were present. shipping was faster than estimated. i love o.co !
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fabric is dead on but my chair frames are darker in person - appears whitewash on screen and is actually distressed wood color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. i bought 2 chairs for my living room and they were easy enough to assemble with my husband's help. they are sturdy and quite large. my husband is 6'3" 250+ lbs and he sits in them comfortably.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? close enough
I'm using this chair in my master bedroom. It was easy to assemble and looks very expensive. There was quite an odor (from the stain I assume) the first couple days, but it is completely gone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
I have ambivalent feelings about this chair of which I bought two. The description of the chair says that features include a "natural finish" and a "reclaimed look." For me personally, the chair's finish is on the margin of my comfort zone. I've used literally a whole bottle of Old English lemon furniture oil on these two chairs, and I've got the splinters to prove it. That being said, I'm becoming more comfortable with the finish the more that I oil the chairs, but it"s a lot of work. (I think that there is the possibility that the wood in these chairs actually is reclaimed.) The construction design of the chair is good. The chair is comfortable to sit in, and it's scale is compatible with large scale furniture which was important to me. Along with the finish, my other warning would be to disregard the part of the description to the effect that the chair is "assembled." Extensive assembly is required. Although I indicated that I would not recommend this chair to a friend, I might recommend it to a friend who wouldn't mind oiling the wood every other day indefinitely. They are interesting chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Interesting
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate - with one notable exception
I have put together many pieces of furniture over the years without a hitch, but this chair nearly drove me over the edge. Two of the bolts weren't included, and the screws that go into the bottom and through the seat weren't nearly long enough so I had to use my own. The lovely antiqued finish that I saw in the photos was very crude and incomplete upon arrival, and had somewhat of a chemical odor.
bought 2 chairs. While installing first chair, the base frame started cracking. Had to remove all the screws to fix the arms again. set all parts together before screw in. Had to really struggle to install the arms. since I have to remove the screws again, the nuts in the wood(s) came out. To fix them I have to struggle again. Finish is not even.. Look's wise they match some of the charis offered by brand name shops.
This chair is BIG! But I do love it. Somewhat tricky to put together, I followed the recommendations from other reviews and it went together pretty well. I needed some muscle from my husband to get the chair together. i recommend having help when you put the chair together.
The chair is just as is the photos. Once assembled, becomes a high quality piece in your space. Colors do match 90% to the photos on the web. Maybe slightly darker due to lighting. Free shipping arrived in just 5 days. I would definitely recommend it if you are just a bit comfortable with assembly work. The only small issue is with the assembly. Even though all together it took 30 mins in total beware of below notes. I believe factory must fix these.. 1) do Not tighten bolts until all bolts and pieces but the seat pad in, leave them all bit loose, once all parts in, level the chair legs on flat surface and squeeze. Do not tighten too much as you may crack the wood. Very Important. 2) on instruction paper there are 2 mistakes on bolt sizes. I and J bolts to be reversed due to wrong print sizes plus C and D bolts are actually same size but they are printed different. 3) biggest issue is the 5 pcs of wood screws (L) provided to attach the seat pad are too short to reach, you may have to get 1/4" longer basic screws yourself to finish the chair. (Even without these screws the pad will stay in place)
I bought this chair because I needed to fill an empty space in my living room. What a great choice. I bought two of them and I get so many compliments on the chair whenever someone comes to visit. They're beautiful and comfortable and give an elegant look to my living room.
I had my eye on this chair for awhile and when I saw them on Overstock at this price I ordered 2 for my family room. My husband assembled them without a hitch. The style is amazing and the colors are perfect for my room. NOTE: the colors are darker than they appear in the photo. The whitewash in some areas on the wood are more of a grey-wash, other areas are cream. The fabric is a darker blue than the picture leads on. I would say darken every color in the picture by 2 fold. But they are still beautiful and striking. The chair goes PERFECTLY with the other blues, greys, beige and gold hues I have in the room. This chair looks 10X more expensive than it is. I was also a little concerned that it wouldn't be comfortable enough (beauty over comfort in this case), but it is VERY comfortable. I have chronic back issues and can sit in this chair for hours and do work with no problem. What a great find!! I would highly recommend this chair!!
This decorative chair was the finishing touch to my bedroom. The colors were exactly as depicted and the match was fantastic. This looks like something an interior decorator would have chosen and charged me an arm and a leg for. Easy to put together and a solid piece of furniture. This took 10 minutes to assemble. Forget those high end furniture stores!