I ordered two of these chairs for my office at work. The colors are beautiful and the chairs are well made. I am a decorator and wanted a distressed english look without paying a fortune. I am so pleased, they look like they came out of a decorator showcase without paying the high decorator prices. Very easy to put together as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect. Muted gold/tan light brown and soft aqua
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good sturdy chairs
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Product was much better than expected. Very elegant. About 30 mins to assemble. Using as an accent piece in the family room. Beautiful piece of furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The wood is a bit darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy. Heavy. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
This chair is beautiful!! It matches really well with my french country decor. The only downside is that the fabric is somewhat cheap, however, the chair is still a great value! I may choose to have it re-upholstered with a plain or toile fabric.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was good. I may change the fabric some time the fabric is somewhat cheaper than I expected but the chair is still a great value!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chair arrived well-packaged and went together easily.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The product description was accurate.
This chair is a great accent chair! I was surprised because I was expecting this little lightweight thing...However, this chair is a little oversized and very comfortable!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better, richer, nice heavy fabric
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good, heavy, had to assemble and was pretty easy!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Needed an accent chair for a bedroom. Looked around town and most chairs were upwards of $400. Saw a chair similar to this one at a high-end shop for over $600! Decided to give this one a try since the colors complement what we have in the room. Delivery was fast. Gave this four stars only because assembly of the arms was a bit difficult - a very tight fit and a wooden dowel broke off during assembly. I was able to glue it with wood glue and finished the job a day later after it dried. Despite the difficulty with assembly, we are very pleased with the final product. It looks like an expensive chair! Seat itself is a bit hard, but the seating area is large and good for occasional use. Fabric is very pretty, slightly darker than on the website. Would definitely recommend this chair, just be patient during assembly!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fabric and frame are lighter on the web site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Received these chairs a week ago and finished putting them together last night. Got 2 of them and spent roughly 20 minutes per chair (5 of which was unpacking the boxes). The boxes were in perfect condition when they arrived and all the pieces were perfectly wrapped. The box contained all the hardware, the back/backlegs of the chair, the cushion, the 2 arms, and 2 of the legs. Putting together the chairs was really easy. You didn't really need the instructions as it's pretty obvious where everything fits together; however, I did end up having to get rid of one of the pegs in the back of the arm because one of the chairs wouldn't piece together. It didn't end up being a problem because you ended up screwing everything together anyways. Plus, I tested it and it could withstand all my weight on it. In total, LOVE LOVE LOVE these chairs. Perfect accents to my living room and super happy with the quality and price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect description
the fabric background color could work with gray based blue or green honestly. the quality is great. i am very pleased with my purchase. all parts and pieces were present. shipping was faster than estimated. i love o.co !
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fabric is dead on but my chair frames are darker in person - appears whitewash on screen and is actually distressed wood color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. i bought 2 chairs for my living room and they were easy enough to assemble with my husband's help. they are sturdy and quite large. my husband is 6'3" 250+ lbs and he sits in them comfortably.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? close enough
I'm using this chair in my master bedroom. It was easy to assemble and looks very expensive. There was quite an odor (from the stain I assume) the first couple days, but it is completely gone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
I have ambivalent feelings about this chair of which I bought two. The description of the chair says that features include a "natural finish" and a "reclaimed look." For me personally, the chair's finish is on the margin of my comfort zone. I've used literally a whole bottle of Old English lemon furniture oil on these two chairs, and I've got the splinters to prove it. That being said, I'm becoming more comfortable with the finish the more that I oil the chairs, but it"s a lot of work. (I think that there is the possibility that the wood in these chairs actually is reclaimed.) The construction design of the chair is good. The chair is comfortable to sit in, and it's scale is compatible with large scale furniture which was important to me. Along with the finish, my other warning would be to disregard the part of the description to the effect that the chair is "assembled." Extensive assembly is required. Although I indicated that I would not recommend this chair to a friend, I might recommend it to a friend who wouldn't mind oiling the wood every other day indefinitely. They are interesting chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Interesting
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate - with one notable exception
I have put together many pieces of furniture over the years without a hitch, but this chair nearly drove me over the edge. Two of the bolts weren't included, and the screws that go into the bottom and through the seat weren't nearly long enough so I had to use my own. The lovely antiqued finish that I saw in the photos was very crude and incomplete upon arrival, and had somewhat of a chemical odor.
bought 2 chairs. While installing first chair, the base frame started cracking. Had to remove all the screws to fix the arms again. set all parts together before screw in. Had to really struggle to install the arms. since I have to remove the screws again, the nuts in the wood(s) came out. To fix them I have to struggle again. Finish is not even.. Look's wise they match some of the charis offered by brand name shops.
Very nice chair and well done. Colours are much more darker in reality than photo. Fabric is more grey than blue. Big size, large seat but not that firm. Trick to assemble the legs: put the 4 screws without tighten them at first and progressively screw one leg after the other. Buy this chair is you don't mind about darker colours and somewhat firm seat.
The only complaint I have is that the color was much darker then seen on the pictures. Other than that it's very nice I have gotten a lot of compliments. Assembly was very easy after I figured things out. It took me less than 30 minutes. For the price it's a great chair.
I can't speak about long term durability. Not can I speak about the fabric that came on the chair, since I had it immediately reupholstered in different fabric. The wood finish was slightly darker than in the photo, which turned out fine. The chair is being used in a window display, so no one has sat on it on a regular basis. But, the construction of the chair seemed very solid. Sorry, but this review probably won't be very helpful if you're looking for a review on it's durability.
The chair was delivered to my doorstep and the outside of the box was in perfect condition. When opened, the pieces were very carefully packed and with no damage. I didn't find any instructions to put the chair together, but it wasn't difficult to figure out. All the parts fit together perfectly and the chair was put together within 20 to 25 minutes by two people. This is the first time purchasing from Overstock.com and I will purchase again and again! Thank you Overstock for delivering a beautiful piece of furniture with such a low cost!
This chair is BIG! But I do love it. Somewhat tricky to put together, I followed the recommendations from other reviews and it went together pretty well. I needed some muscle from my husband to get the chair together. i recommend having help when you put the chair together.