The style of these chairs are great, they go so well with my mid-century modern look. I have paired 4 of these chairs up with a saarinen style tulip table with a walnut table top and it looks good together. Note that it was really hard to put these chairs together, it took 3 adults to understand the instructions! The color states brown but they are more gray and darker then in the picture, also the legs are alot darker then in the picture as they are more of an espresso color which was kind of dissapointing but it will still work with my decor. You sit very comfortably in them and I think they are a great value for what you get. I would recommend them but note my comments about the color.
I love these dining chairs as they are simple and elegant. The rubber wood is solid enough to last for a long time and the fabric makes the whole look simple, sophisticated and great. The chairs are really comfortable, and the two sets I have bought look amazing in my dining room. I always prefer Overstock when I need furniture because I know I get high quality on affordable price.
Iíve been looking for a set of comfortable, durable and sustainably-constructed dining chairs, so I was pretty excited to find these chairs, which are made of rubberwood -- a very sturdy and sustainable wood with a nice grain. The color of the upholstery is a subtle mottled light green with gray and tan that is stylish and unique. The frame seems very sturdy and the cushioning is comfortable. My son, who is a diplomat, says my dining room has the elegant look of the Delegates Dining Room at the United Nations!
We just ordered 6 of these, based on the reviews we read here. I will agree with the other reviewers that the seat height is def high--about 2 inches higher than a standard chair. We had some friends (tall and short) sit in it and all agreed it was a bit high but not uncomfortable. The chairs look amazing--they are extremely stylish and look wonderful around our oval white marble tulip table. I will say that the color is not what I expected--the chair legs are black and the upholstery is a dark grey with flecks of light grey/white in it. Fortunately it looks amazing with the table, but I had wanted a brown/tan to warm up the space a bit. My husband put htem together and said the first one was a bit challenging but once you know what you're doing it's pretty straightforward. Despite the caveats, I would highly rec these chairs--a great buy for the price.
I loved these chairs when I pulled then out of the box. Easy to assemble and looked beautiful- high end chairs for our new dining table. The problem is that they sit way too high for our table. the 17.7 inches measurement is from the bottom of the seat- not the total height of the seat. I have to return them because thighs only barely cleared the bottom of the table and my husband couldn't comfortably sit tucked in to the table
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? little darker than online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
Great looking chairs - very sturdy. Assembly took a little longer than expected, but completely worth it. The chairs are a wonderful addition to our dining room and look much more expensive than they are.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I love these chairs they are so elegant looking and fit likes glove under my table. Every who comes to my house comments a those chairs very comfortable, I also put those round felt tabs that fit on the button of the chairs and they guide so nice when across the floor. A great find in these chairs. They sit a little higher of the floor good for us older people who might have trouble in getting up but in time you won't notice that adjustment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on the button
Absolutely beautiful chairs. I bought them to match an existing rubberwood set and was worried that the wood or upholstery would not work (but for the price was willing to risk it). "Hazel" is a good color choice for the fabric: a muted grey/brown with light and dark specks, the wood a perfectly warm rubberwood. Solid, well made, easy to follow assembly instructions...all in all very happy with this purchase. The upholstery adds another depth to my all-wood set.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? slightly darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
These other reviews must be by the manufacturer. The chair is VERY DIFFICULT (note: very difficult!!!!!) to assemble with poor instructions - think IKEA except not the price of IKEA. For the price of these chairs, I expected a better design. The legs are slightly uneven in 4 of the 6 chairs I bought. Where the nut is bolted in to screw on the leg is in slightly different parts on the chair so that there is a slight tilt. Lazy and unprecise work. Feels junky. At this price point, you can do better. Go to West Elm, or get furniture that is built for you and built well. Admittedly, the chairs look nice and modern in a mid-century sort of way.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly darker than seen on the website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Disappointing - poorly designed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccurate
These chairs are very nice, and comfortable. In spite of other reviews we are very happy with the size of the chairs and they fit perfectly with our older **** table. The construction seems good, they are solid wood and the upholstery fabric is attractive and appears to be heavy enough to hold up for a good long time. Construction is quite easy if you pay attention to which are the front and which are the back legs and the only tool required is included. We did receive two right rear legs for one of the chairs but Overstock took care of the issue within a week and sent us the correct parts within a week. We have a mid century modern house and the chairs are perfect for the style of the house and our other furnishings
These are beautiful chairs and I'm very pleased with my order. I was surprised to see how pronounced the stitching on the seat is, but I like it after all. The mid-century lines look great and very sophisticated without seeming stuffy. One note of caution to cat owners: These chairs looked like a gigantic new scratching post to my cat and he destroyed the twill-like fabric almost instantly. I had to have them recovered which cost more than the chairs themselves. If I had thought about it, I would have chosen a chair with a smoother fabric to begin with.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate, though there is quite a lot of stitching on the seat covers that doesn't show up much in photos
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Padding in seat leaves something to be desired, but they are comfortable enough.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I purchased these chairs in the black finish (which at the time of writing this, are no longer in stock). These are durable, nice chairs. The construction/durability is above average for this price level. The fabric, cusioning and wood finish is average for this price level. I found assembly to be easy. Unfortunately, the 2 sets of 2 chairs (4 chairs total) that Overstock delivered to me were USED, with dog hair embedded in the fabric. They also were packaged extremely poorly. The chairs were allowed to bounce off eachother in shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Above average for this price range.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I don't have these myself but my sister does and I love them. I can't justify new dining room furniture right now but if I could, these would be the chairs I'd buy! I just drool over my sister's dining room every time I visit. It's so chic.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better than expected
I loved the clean Danish look. The chair was great, except my wife and friends didn't like the chair height. It was a little on the high side and cut into their thighs. If it had shorter legs, it would be perfect!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A close up of the fabric would have been nice. Looks great. Grey with subtle threads of a hint of earthy blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid wood, robust screws and bolts. Installation was a breeze.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.