Very poor instructions on putting this together. I have constructed many pieces of furniture like this in a lot less time but with better, more accurate directions from the manufacturer. I have written to the source mfr. and suggested they change the instructions to say, "after reading the directions and before construction, pack up the parts and ship back to the manufacturer. Let's see if they can assemble their own product."
if you like putting puzzles togather this is your cart. good news it is made of mostly real wood not pressed paper. it is heavy weight but a Chinese puzzle for sure. looks good after you get thru the swearing at it while you put it togather. at least all pieces were with it. towel rack on the side is a real doozy to get into place too.
For the money spent, this is a useable, pressboard cart, good in a small space, but rather cheaply constructed. The assembly directions are of little help, but if you persist and think it through, it's not difficult to put together. One of the holes for the towel bar's hollow metal dowel was too small to accept the dowel and required some filing to enlarge the hole. The finish is a disappointment. Perhaps it left the manufacturer with its oil finish intact, but the desert heat left the oil soaked into the cardboard packaging and not on the cart. Easily enough fixed with a rub down of the recommended Danish oil, but more expense and time. Not a bad buy, just not exceptional value for the money.
This kitchen cart is made of good quality products....as advertised. My husband and I easily put it together. All the parts were there and the instructions were detailed enough. It is just what I needed in my small kitchen .... it's like a small kitchen island, giving me more working surface.
It fit right into the spot I selected for it, but as I mentioned above, it does require patience to assemble it. Good quality wood using birch instead of maple and it looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the assembly instructions were difficult to follow, so you need to be patient
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on!
Overall this is a nice cart. The drawer only runs on a small wooden rod which does not seem sturdy and makes for the drawer not to open and close smoothly - has to be lifted a little to close it back in the space. Directions were missing an entire step.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is lighter than it appears on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Some parts of the cart seem sturdy while others do not
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was accurate
I bought this cart to use in my dining room and it looks great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The cart color looks exactly like the picture on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality and easy to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
this took approximately 2-3 hrs to put together. and a couple of steps were missing. pictures only. it looks good when finally together and is serving its purpose.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
The screws for the back of the drawer didn't go all the way in even after 3 of my friends and I attempted. I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning the part and getting a replacement. Otherwise it is ok and serves its basic purpose. Also it looks pretty.
I spent lots of time searching for just the right cart. We had very specific needs and dimensions. This unit fit the bill perfectly. I was concerned about the particle board used for some parts of the unit, but it is sturdy and well designed. My husband raved about the design and the assembly instructions. We've been married for nearly 12 years, and I've never heard such praise about anything he has needed to assemble.
This is a beautiful kitchen cart. The wood matches my kitchen cabinets nearly perfectly and the cart is sturdy. I purchased this product to use as a microwave cart and it seems fine for that purpose. However, this product needs to be assembled. Not being handy myself, I hired someone to put the cart together for me. He has put many things together (being a handyman and a contractor) and he said that this cart was the most difficult kit he has ever assembled. The directions are poorly written and confusing. Also, the wood needs to be treated a special wood oil to preserve it. The contractor was so frustrated, he called the company to complain about the poorly written directions. If you buy this product, be prepared for a difficult and frustrating experience assembling your cart. I'm glad I finally got my cart, but if I had known how hard it was going to be to assemble, I would have ordered something else.