The stools took about 40 minutes to put together out of the box. It took a little maneuvering to get the pattern on the seats to match each other, since we did not think about it until the second one was all put together and added a little time. One leg on one stool was a millimeter or two short, but that was solved with a tiny pad on the bottom of the leg. They fit perfectly under the counter and the seat is very nicely padded for comfort without being too soft. The fabric is nice to the touch. The wood finish on the legs is very well done, with a rich looking patina that goes with the other furniture in the room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the fabric is neutral and goes with everything, and the legs actually look better than the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The stools are attractive, solid and comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The stools look much like we expected.
I had ordered 2 of these stools last Spring and liked them so much that I wanted 2 more but had to wait 8 months before they were available again. They are worth the wait. These barstools are sturdy, extremely easy to put together, and look wonderful. The tool to put them together is included so even if you are not a "handy man" you can do this. The wood is medium oak stain and the seats are durable microfibre that is easy to clean. Without backs they are less obtrusive but are comfortable to sit on at my island.
I ordered 4 of these stools & we have had them for 10 months now. First I will say that I recovered the seats(very easy to do) with a faux white ostrich leather for easy cleaning & wiping and because our kitchen is white. (I do think the fabric that comes on them is not that great) With the recovered seats- they are great looking stools- on par with custom stools. I have received many compliments! The seat is a good size- so that all your bum is on the seat as opposed to a saddle stool that can sometimes be uncomfortable. Even my husband (220lb) sits comfortably on them. These stools are used everyday by us(2 girls- so not overly rough). That being said, for the wear & use they get everyday- they have held up pretty good. We have had some issues with the screws coming loose under the seat, probably from pulling them in & out from under the counter(everyday!) an so we've had to periodically tighten them up a bit. Furniture doesn't lasts forever, but I suspect these should hold up for a few years, and I would gladly order them again if needed. So for the price you can't beat these stools!
I checked the other reviews and purchased 4. The color of the wood was perfect, my son put them together quickly and they serve the purpose of a small, padded bar stool for our new counter. The cushions don't all come from the same dye lot, so the color is a little different on two and the legs don't quite crew in completely, but no one knows that but me (and the person who put them together). They are relatively comfortable and look great! No complaints...I am planning to purchase two more!
These stool are lovely. I order 4 or 2 sets. Arrived quick and was easy to assemble, i was able to put it together and I just had my husband tighten the screws. I'm about 120 lbs and they hold up perfect when I sit on them. The color is really nice too. I have no complaints. I am perfectly happy with my purchase!!
These counter height stools are exactly as pictured. They were easy to assemble and they are solid wood. They were a great value as well, and I received them a day ahead of schedule. The best possible experience you could ask for in this situation.
I was very pleasantly surprised when we assembled these stools. They are very well-made, very comfortable, and look great. Assembly was a little difficult, but once completed, they are very sturdy, also. LOVE them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
The backless stools are comfortable and remove the 'visual clutter' from the island area. Looks so much larger now!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The stool looks just like the picture. No bad suprises.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and comfortable. Might need to tighten screws again when all parts assembled (directions say so too)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good match
First, the good news. They look good, are comfortable, and they are, in fact, 24" high. On the downside, they are definitely NOT made of any oak I've ever seen, although the wood isn't bad. Color is good and the fabric is nice - and can easily be replaced when needed. The chairs come largely unassembled, and assembly should be easy; however the instructions are mostly just pictures and lead one to believe the legs are tagged, e.g. LF for Left Front, for a reason. Not all legs were tagged and there were multiple "LF"s for each stool. Placement of the lock-washers isn't indicated but should be obvious to anyone with a little mechanical experience. I'm a serious woodworker, which was fortunate because I had the tools and parts to rebuild the mis-aligned framing and add missing screws on the underside of one seat. It wasn't a big issue, but if left unfixed it certainly would have weakened the structure of the stool. The legs/braces are held together by dowels and pocket screws, but it's wise to add good wood glue on the dowels to ensure longevity. Without it, and with only a single pocket screw at the braces, these stools will not stand up to any abuse. The legs also do not include felt pads or levelers (which we needed, despite the guidance on the instruction sheet) so be prepared to add them if you are worried about srcatching your floor or find you can't assemble the stools to eliminate rocking. Having said all that, the stools are attractive and functional, and look great under our countertop - especially considering the wonderful price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair but won't stand up to long-term use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Partially Inaccurate
I ordered 4 stools. Two of the stools had problems. One had a flaw in the fabric of the cushion and the other had a cracked split frame where the cushion attaches to the stool. I contacted Overstock and after a couple of calls they sent me replacement parts. The shipping of the original stools and replacement parts was pretty quick. My husband put the stools together and they turned out very nice. The stools seem very sturdy and fit nicely under my overhang of my island. This was my first experience buying anything from Overstock and I will do so again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Came missing parts. While the assembly was easy enough to figure out, didn't come with instructions or any other written material for that matter. The plastic feet that goes on the bottom of the legs were also missing. Really? This is pretty bush league. Would not recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
These stools went beyond our expectations. They are solid wood and very sturdy. The cushions are comfortable. Easy assembly. Very reasonably priced based on the quality!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid wood, very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I love my new stools!!! I ordered 2 and then ordered 2 more of them later. Great, great quality and especially for the cost. Perfect match to my kitchen cabinets. Love the upholstery on them - matches my kitchen chairs. Can't say enough about how great these stools are.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality - couldn't find this quality at stools in the local stores.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Love these stools. Easy to assemble, very sturdy and comfortable. The fabric that covers the seat is good quality too. (I also like that you are able to recover with different fabric down the line if need be) These are a perfect fit under the breakfast bar of our new kitchen counter tops.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes, colors are accurate to the web site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality - sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description.
I have been looking for new counter stools for my kitchen for a while when I came across these on OVERSTOCK.COM, After showing the picture to my husband we agreed to order them, and boy am I glad I did. The assembly was really quick and easy, especially after using my husband drill while he was out of town! Everything just went together exactly as described, and they are perfect in our kitchen! I put them together by myself in less than 1 hour for both, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality, the wood is very sturdy and arrived in perfect condition right to my front door!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description of the product on the website was right on
These stools need to be assembled. The fabric looks a little cheap, which is why I gave it 4 stars. So I removed the tops and recovered them with a royal blue linen fabric using a staple gun. It was very easy to do and worth the effort. They look beautiful now. I wish I knew how to add photos to this review, because they turned out lovely and I wish everyone could see how nice they look.
I purchased four of these stools one year ago and I love them! They were easy to assemble. Very sturdy. Nicely cushioned, comfortable seat that doesn't flatten. The seat fabric is attractive yet heavy duty enough for kids to use. Nice, simple lines. I receive lots of compliments on these stools. As always, fast shipping from Overstock! Highly recommend these stools to anyone!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, sturdy with heavy duty fabric.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.