I wanted SO bad to like this beautiful piece. In fact, I designed my whole family room around it. Unfortunately, I will be returning it. The piece is very heavy. Since it sits in front of a fireplace, it has to be moved when you get the fire started and then put back in place. It is too delicate to let the kids move it and my husband cannot move it with a bad back. The piece is beautiful in the picture but as others have said, it only looks like that if you have a bright light behind it (candles don't work) or if the fire is very big and bright. I wanted the vibrant colors all day long, not just when a big fire was going so I was disappointed about that. I had trouble with the hing pieces falling out when I would move it. Also, please note that the blue colors appear turquoise but in reality, they are more of a cobalt blue. It really IS a beautiful piece but after a week of "trying" to make it work, I gave up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Only looks like that if you have a bright light behind it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and heavy but the hinges kept falling out when I move it around (which you have to).
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This screen is fabulous! I presume there is a good reason it was coated a lot of oil. At any rate, it is beautiful and was reasonably priced. It is a delightful art focal point for fireplace and entire room. Without light behind the screen, it appears dull. Otherwise, it looks just like the picture.
I'd give this five stars except one of the hinges was broken upon receipt. I'm going to put the entire screen in a frame and hang it in a window so the missing hinge isn't that big of a deal. Like all stained glass products, this had some oil residue on it that is part of the manufacturing process and easily wiped off. I have ordered other stained glass items from Overstock that had this oil removed prior to shipping.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Fair
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I had been looking for a mission design fire screen for a long time, but could not find the design I liked in the price range I wanted. This screen does both. It looks great and won't break the bank. The packaging was excellent. No assembly needed. Just unfold and it's ready to go. Just to note, I am not using it with a working fireplace, instead I set up some lot wattage lights behind the screen. The colors looks great.
The fireplace screen came wrapped in layers of styrofoam and bubble wrap. It was very well protected and there was no problems with the packing or the stained glass. Every piece is perfect. There was a thin film o fprotective oil over the glass (which previous reviewers has said) so I was prepared with a soft cloth to wipe the oil after I unpacked it. It is a beautiful fire screen. I have put a light behind it to backlight it when the fireplace is not in use so the stained glass glows in beautiful colors. I definitely recommend this product.
Arrived super fast and well packaged. And was just what I was looking for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I like the colors better than the picture. There is more blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is as I expected. Wish it were Made in USA.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate. The two sets of measurements given are confusing. Still not sure about that.
A wonderful splash of color in front of a "black hole" fireplace that draws positive attention. Really well made!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It works!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? True description.
I was very satisfied with the price, description of the product and the timely manner of shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I'm satisfied, have purchased many tiffany style items and all have been good
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looks like the pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems of good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
The fireplace screen is lovely and looks more expensive than it actually is. It fits in perfectly with our mission style family room. In fact, I researched dozens of screens on-line and similar screens were priced at several hundred dollars more. I would have rated the screen five stars but a bolt came off the hinge as we were setting everything up in front of the fireplace. For appearance sake, however, I'd definitely give it five stars. Thank you, Overstock, for another great deal.
I am totally underwhelmed by this fireplace screen. I would love to return it, but the packaging was so flimsy, that I would have to pay UPS quite a bit of money to repack it. I am amazed Overstock is dealing with this company. Buyer Beware.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Totally inaccurate. The real thing is dull and muted.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Horrible. Poor craftsmanship abounds.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Anything that hypes the value of this piece is inaccurate.
This fireplace screen looks so beautiful in the photo and I thought would be a stunning addition to our living room with the blue and amber tones. As I unpacked it, I felt an oily coating on the product. It smelled somewhere in between furniture oil and car oil. I wiped it down with paper towels and a black, dirty residue came off of it. That was easy to deal with and remedies. But the screen must have been backlit in the photo. Even with a fire going it isn't even half as bright as shown. Disappointing. Wanted to order another one Overstock had, but my mom talked me into this one. I regret it now.