Lasted 5 years in my boat. Kept it nice and dry and controlled mildew. Filled with water every 2 weeks and a little less if it was rainy. Quiet and dependable. The fan in the unit eventually failed. It started to whine a little a couple months before it stopped working. Am ordering a new one right now to replace it.
This little dehumidifier is ideal for one room (no bigger than 8 x 10). I use it in my office at work to remove that cloying summer morning moisture after the air conditioner has been off all weekend. While it doesn't suck up the humidity fast, it is effective over the long-run. It runs very quiet but only has one speed. It's super lightweight and easy to put just about anywhere. The water tray is easy to empty and isn't open like some of the trays, so you don't have to worry about sloshing water as you carry it to the sink. It's very attractive and is stable sitting on the rug.
I am in a small ranch home in Ohio and need a dehumidifier for the basement laundry room and basement small family room . The moisture problem occurs down there in the months the furnace is not on. I have arthritis very bad and wanted a unit that I could carry easily as the larger ones I would have to ask someone else to lift. So I bought 2 of these, one for each of the 2 small basement rooms. They are working well and filled up with water and turned themselves off when full! They are really easy to carry and move around. I am very happy with them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It appears to work well and is good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.
I have allergies and asthma that are bordering on debilitating. In the humid Houston summertime, A/C condensation and humidity from outdoors are a breeding ground for irritants and allergens to build up, especially in my tiny, inadequately ventilated bathroom. The first time I used this little device and checked it a few days later, I was amazed at the amount of water it had drawn from the air. It gets the job done in a small space, & I'm satisfied with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This lil device does exactly as it claims.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Purchased this for my 6 year old granddaughter's 12x12 bedroom. Within a week her cough was gone! We live in the wet redwoods of Northern California. After she developed allergies living in the dry Temecula area, we were worried about her move (with her family) to Northern California. My son-in-law was going to purchase, but I said I would find one and buy it. We are very pleased with the performance.
I keep it in the closet thinking that being hidden in there would help to do the best job that it can do. I still get lots of mold on my stuff. and the machine picks up water very slow, it takes over a week to fill up the container. My closet is just a horizontal wall closet so is not even large, this little devise should have done the job according to what I read before purchasing it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not very strong
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It doesn't do as much as it reads
Tried to use this unit in a laundry room. Did not remove enough moisture from the air. It took 2 weeks for the water tank to fill.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not relevent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. does nor perform well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was okay
I think the description says that it can remove up to two pints of moisture in 24 hours. It has been unable to remove more than 2 oz of moisture in two weeks. I will return it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor, but looks nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate
Is a bit louder than I anticipated, will work in a cold room, unlike some bigger versions. Hoping it will prevent mildew in my living room corner.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. appears a bit flimsy, difficult to disassemble for cleaning, afraid to break plastic bits.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
No idea how this machine could muster several great ratings, as it is a totally useless device. I put it in a single small, very moist and mildew-y room and it collected very little water. The mildew has since taken over the house and is holding my cat for ransom. The dehumidifier just sat there, whirring, mocking me and my family as the mildew taunted us: "I'M NEVER GOING TO LEAVE"
If you have a small secured room with safes/lockers for your arms, you know the problems that high humidity can cause. This is the perfect solution and it sure beats plugging in desiccant dryers every week to rejuvenate them! A light bulb probably uses more electricity than the Mini Dehumidifier does, and my room and contents are staying dry. A very worthwhile investment at a minor cost for those valuable items.
The product was available other sites such as ****** but overstock was cheapest with ******. Arrived within 2-3 days it's standard shipping. It work with my bathroom and operation noise is relatively quiet. Overall I am happy with this purchase.
Bought this for our RV. It is the perfect size to keep humidity down in a small space. Although we will use it mainly when we have the RV stowed, it's small enough that we can stash it in a cabinet while traveling. It removed two cups of water in three days...I believe that to be efficient for the size of the space. The water reservoir is a bit tight and difficult to remove for emptying, but otherwise simple to use. I would recommend this product to anyone trying to remove moisture from a small area.
It's been working nonstop for a few weeks now. My basement isn't VERY damp but because I decided to make it into a studio i didn't want to take any chances with my equipment. I only need to empty the unit once every few days so im not sure if I just have low moisture or unit is not efficient. I choose to think that it's low moisture beauce I can feel less humidity during rainy days. I have it in a 16 x 13 room and its doing well.