This dresser is beautiful and is made of solid wood, not the cheap particle board stuff. When it's put together, it's a really nice piece. It's perfect for a nursery (or child's room) and can be used as a changing table. The drawers are rather shallow, hence not ideal for an adult who plans to store bulky sweaters or denim jeans. The major DETRACTOR is the set-up time. Absolutely NOTHING is set up for you --every single piece of wood needs to be put together and there are many many pieces (it comes shippped in 2 giant boxes). It took my husband OVER 5 HOURS to put this dresser together, and he is very handy and had time-saving tools like an electric drill for all those million screws. In the end, if you love the dresser, be prepared to spend an entire afternoon putting it together. And then enjoy!
This is beautiful as is the matching bed. My taste runs to modern eclectic and it suits me perfectly--it looks half-modern/half antique with a little Zen thrown in for good measure. Just gorgeous.Smallish, yes, as other reviewers have mentioned but it suits my needs perfectly. I put my lingerie and more frequently used accessories in it, the rest goes in the closet.The color is a medium-deep with a FAINT red tone. I was worried about the color but was very pleased when it arrived. The assembly was easy for an experienced RTA person like me. This is just gorgeous and I'm considering even getting another before they run out.I have the matching bed (no longer available, I'm afraid) and they look superb. This is one Overstock item I'm glad I didn't deliberate about (I've lost my chance many times). Get it while you can--and let me just mention, Overstock's service is top-notch (but you probabl,y knew that already).
A great finishing touch to the matching bed and nightstands. It is on the smaller side, but the perfect size for my room. Great for lingerie, t-shirts, non-bulky items. Definitely meant to be....I purchased the last one in stock when I placed my order. Thanks for another great product - arrived in perfect condition and in just a few days.
My husband and I bought the Milton bedroom set! The dresser is very nice the only thing is the drawers are not very deep. Assembly was easy it only took use about a 1 1/2. I put all the drawers together and my husband worked on the shell. We also got the matching night stand and assembled it the same way that only took us about a hour to do.
Even after assembling the nightstand this piece was very difficult to assemble. The drawer glides don't work well. The piece looks beautiful. I love the color and shape of the piece. Don't recommend that you try to assemble it without a partner to help.
I received the Milton bed frame a month ago, upon assembling it and a month on I am assured it is without a doubt the best bed frame on the market, even of frames in the $$$$ ranges. I purchased the dresser, and will endeavour to purchase the nightstands (when their prices are more reasonable... right now absurdly high - almost the prices of the dresser!) The dresser is beautiful. It comes in two boxes, and a bazillion pieces. You will have to assemble everything - But I LOVE THAT! I completed it all in 3 hours but wish it took longer.. I just love assembling furniture. The entire exterior pieces are SOLID rubber wood. However I was surprised to learn the draws and some other pieces are PRESS BOARD. It's crap. While drilling on the drawer sliders, the press board would crack. So far it hasn't effected the functionality, but the wood literally cracked (on all 24 pieces of press board). So I feel this is a inherent problem with the product. Otherwise this dresser is good. People have said small drawers, but actually I think they are perfect size for shirts/underwear/jeans/sweaters etc. The unit feels super study, however I just fear those drawers will fall apart. Wish this unit was totally SOLID WOOD - but it ISN"T.
Great piece of furniture. I think it is so inexpensive because the buyer has to put it together from scratch. Not too bad if you are handy. 4 stars because the drawers are VERY shallow. I am not sure how practical it is as a bedroom dresser. But I knew this from previous reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice hard wood. I little deformed at the back of one legg but it doesn't look bad.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As pictured.
A fair amount of assembly required but well worth the effort. This is a solid piece of furniture and very nice looking. Fast shipping was a plus!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quilty, very solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Nice piece of furniture for the price. Fairly easy assembly. My only suggestion would be to use glue with the dowel inserts. After six months of daily use, the bottom of the dresser is working itself apart, requiring re-pounding the base together. I don't want to have to take it fully apart to fix the issue .... would have been nice to know to use glue in advance..
Based on previous reviews, I knew that the assembly of this product would be challenging, but decided to take the risk. Putting it together took over 3 hours. Partially because there weren't enough screws (not even close), many pieces were not labeled and the screws kept breaking off in the dresser. Horrible experience. And the end result is terrible. The drawers get stuck and don't close properly. This is a nightmare. If it weren't for the man hours spent and the hassle of taking this thing apart, I would return this piece of junk. I can't believe Overstock would sell such a piece. Take my advice - this is NOT worth it.
sturdy, lovely wood grain, quality pulls, took about 4-5 hours to assemble (the reason it's a good price for the quality, I'm sure)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy, lovely wood grain, quality pulls
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I knew that there would be some assembly to this product but was shocked when I opened to find that nothing was assembled. The directions to assemble were not helpful at all nor were the illustrations. Did it by how I felt it should be put together took too much time. Had I known this would not have purchased it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the overal quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Weighs a ton! Glad it came in 2 boxes. I have the night stands, so I was well aware of the crazy number of pieces. If you are willing to spend some time to assemble, it is well worth the trouble. I would call the style modern with a nod toward Asian. The size is kind of in-between- definitely doesn't look like a children's piece but smaller scale than a traditional dresser.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? rich color just as in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? just as described
The product looks like how it does online. But, please pay close attention to the dimensions especially the depth of the drawers. The drawers are not very deep, therefore, less storage. But, the chest is versatile that it can be used in multiple ways. Despite the shallow drawers I am keeping the item because it is very nice!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very much alike
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful craftsmanship
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead on
This chest is beautiful! It took about 5 hours for us to put it together - it wasn't difficult but very time consuming. It was worth it in the end - a great quality piece for a reasonable price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I ordered the 6-drawer chest and 2 night stands for my sons room. He put it together without any issues. The furniture is of good quality and heavy pieces. Rubberwood is a great product and it's not the cheap stuff this type of furniture is usually made of, you know that wood composite. I would recommend this furniture to anyone looking to spend on a kids room or a guest room. It's not expensive and it looks great. I was very happy with the money I spent on these 3 pieces.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was just about spot on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I've bought furniture before and it's been that cheap stuff, this is a good quality for the price. Nice and heavy too.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of this product was very accurate.
Easy order. We received it aproximately 6 days after we ordered. It came in 2 boxes. The pieces are sturdy. Husband found it easy to put together. The fixtures are nice looking from a distance. A bit cheap up close. Drawers, as most reviewers have said, are shallow. All parts were intact and in good condition! We felt it was a good experience all around.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, nice looking. Shallow drawers
What a pain to assemble. Had I known that nothing was sub-assembled for you, I don't think I would have ordered this. Part were missing, such as the gliders, and two of the handles were defective. Overstock did an excellent job to remedy the situation, however there was a lot of down time due to waiting. The color of some of the dividers were not complementary of the rest of the dresser. I do not think it is that noticeable to most folks, but it slightly bothers me. As a lot of the other reviewers say, the drawers are not deep at all. The look is cute, and it is solid. Just be prepared to use some ingenuity as the instructions are so generic.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love this item. I have the enitre bedroom set, and am so happy with it all. I will say that this item is a little shorter than anticipated. I have to say that I respectfully disagree with those who say assembly of this item is difficult. With the help of my cordless drill, I put this together in about 1.5 hours. Personally, I thought the instructions were great.