I found this cheaper on "O", however it's very thin glass, and nowhere near the thickness of the original carafe. It fits the machine and will work as a replacement, but I expect it will need replacing again soon due to it's fagility.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This replacement carafe is no where near the thickness or stability of the original.
Got a notice that I had some bonus dollars coming. I really didn't need anything until I remembered that the coffee carafe was chipped. Searched Overstock and found exactly the right one, ordered it, and paid nothing, including shipping and handling. This wasn't a two for one, a dollars off coupon, just a good ol' fashioned freebie for having made a prior purchase. The carafe came with two lids so that one or the other would fit the particular model coffee maker. Nice touch. Now I have a sparkly new scratchless coffee pot and it didn't cost me a thing!
I have a Kalorik CM 6626T 12-cup Programmable, The carafe that came with it was functional, but dripped. It also could not withstand my unintentional smashing it into a granite counter top. I tried buying other carafes at local stores, but they didn't fit the nearly 6 1/2 inches necessary for the carafe to function properly in the space from heating plate to shut-off switch. One of the Q&As that I read regarding this carafe indicated that it would not work on a different model of Kalorik coffee maker, but since the dimensions showed 6 1/2 inches, I ordered one anyway. It comes with two different lids plus an adapter. It doesn't fit with the "tall" lid, but with the "short" lid and the adapter it's perfect. Moreover, it doesn't drip! I haven't tried it on the granite counter top yet.
After cracking my original Cuisinart coffee carafe I was excited to see a replacement one on O.co. It was a fraction of the price and it fits my DC1200 perfectly. It comes with an alternate lid to accommodate different makers. It's not an exact match to a Cuisinart but is a very acceptable replacement.
To all those boohooing and complaining "the glass is too thin"...What the *^&^& are you doing with your coffee pots? For a Coffee pot, it works fine, if you're planning on using it as a weapon in a bar fight, yes the glass would be too thin for that....but it's a coffee pot, meant to be used as a coffee pot, not as a bullet proof helmet or as Thor's hammer. Also, to the idiot who said "The glass isn't thick enough to keep the coffee hot"...(You must vote, explains the current circus officials in office, thanks for that.)....a quick physics lesson for you: the glass doesn't heat the coffee or keep it warm, it's the Coffee maker hot plate that heats and keeps the coffee warm, NOT the pot itself...If you want it kept hot after brewing, get a decent coffee maker with a working hot plate or put the coffee in a thermos or insulated coffee butler pitcher. Bottom line is, if you need a good replacement coffee pot ("carafe" to you uppity yuppie dipsticks), this is a good unit for a good price. If you need a bullet proof helmet, a thermos, a weapon for a bar fight, or Thor's hammer, get something other than this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the money!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Was OK, would been better to include in description that it comes with multiple lids with different height nubbs...would eliminate the "I hope this fits my model" factor.
I almost threw out my coffee machine when the carafe broke, thinking the replacement would cost as much as a new machine. Then I found this universal replacement carafe at overstock.com. It was very affordable so I took a chance it would fit. I was glad I did.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A good match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A good fit for my machine. It came with 2 lid sizes.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
i'm so happy because i will not buy a new coffee maker!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it's okay though when i received it the cover for the pot does stay coz it's broken
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it's accurate
Excellent condition, prompt delivery and great service.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I was typically dismayed when I broke the carafe to my Sunbeam Heritage coffee maker. I love the machine. This carafe is a perfect replacement. The manufacturer's replacement part cost more than what I paid for the whole machine! This one is truly "universal".
The Millennium carafe is a good replacement for my original pot. I was amazed on how quickly it arrived and the choice of tops made for a great match to my coffee maker. Only negatives would be that the spout is too small causing drips and worse if coffee is poured too quickly, and the the glass, while holding up very well to the task at hand, seems frail and like it would shatter if bumped too hard. Once you over come these concerns - the pot works great. I found the exact replacement pot made made for my machine on another site, but it was more than $10 more than the Millennium and the S&H jacked to more than $20 more my Overstock.com purchase..