I was surprised that the ottoman is taller than the seat of the chair. In addition, despite the name of the company, this product is manufactured for or by Overstock! So it's not as if this were a great chair that some department store overordered. It's a red chair with a concave back that provides no support. I understand why Overstock doesn't let customers return furniture. However, I won't buy furniture here again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok, but drilled holes in base didn't match those in frame
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I don't remember what the description said.
Chair is VERY slippery and not reclined enough so you slip down into slouching position.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I purchased the chair with the accompanying ottoman - both pieces were gorgeous and a perfect match. Very sophisticated and contemporary. The color is a true burnt red as well. I am very happy with the quality and the price was very reasonable. The only recommendation I have is regarding the assembly of the chair - I didn't initially realize that the base is slanted and attached this incorrectly, thus causing the chair to slant forward. Otherwise, assembly wasn't difficult (even without the boyfriend!). I am so happy with this purchase and would highly recommend!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, very identical
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes, very accurate
We purchased six chairs and six ottomans for our office lounge. They are expensive looking, very durable, and add just the right touch of modern sophistication. I wanted a true deep red - not an apple red or brick red or ick burgundy - and they fit the bill. Everyone loves them, and two of our employees are actually buying them for home now. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. As with every Overstock purchase, assembly is an experiment in getting pieces to match the holes, but in the end all 12 pieces look terrific. I was most impressed that each piece came with a little leather swatch for matching decor. Very cool.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? It's a slightly dark true red, very close to picture, love it, not too bright.
- How is the quality of the product? Great quality - even came with little patch of leather to carry around for matching!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I love this chair! The color is a perfect red, the leather is thick, supple. excellent quality. It came well packed, though delivery service clearly stacked boxes on it (though labeled fragile) and there was some slight indentation marks of legs on leather. I believe they'll smooth out. It was snap to get base on chair, no problem for one person. This chair is really stylish and comfortable, even without arms. An ottoman would top it off nicely (waiting for the matching ottoman to be available).
This chair always gets compliments from visitors noting the fine leather, craftsmanship and overall appearance of the chair. Suitable for the over six-foot tall, when matched with the available ottoman, it is a comfortable and stunning seating piece for any contemporary design atmosphere. More artwork than furniture, it still provides comfortable back support while showing off haute design elements. Not for those with short legs, most adults lie back and put their feet on the ottoman and smile with comfort and enjoy the pleasure of sitting on a truly beautifully designed chair.
No problem with quality or style; clean, modern chair that looks beautiful in any environment. Unfortunately, they were a (insert curse here) to put together. You can do it, just be ready to dig in! Having a bottle of wine nearby definitely helped.
easy to assemble, looks good and very comfortable. The chair also seems to be very sturdy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Leather is very slippery, so as a lounger it doesn't work very well. the seating area is too deep for its intended use even with an ottoman. You just slip down if you use an ottoman. Funny. This would have been better as a normal chair if the base of seating area weren't so deep. The back lumbar area is non existent and wont sit comfortably against your back because the head rest sticks out too far. I wonder whoever designed this thing if they actually sat in it? Anyhow, it's a nice looking chair and if I sit 'Indian fashion' on it then its not too bad because you have a large area to sit on. Try sitting any other way and you just slip off of it. Ergonomically it just isn't designed very well. Maybe if the leather breaks in and any 'coating' on the leather wears out after while it'll get better? No idea. Only time will tell I suppose. Otherwise it's sturdy and looks like it'll hold up for years as long as you weigh under 240. Other than that it looks great in our newly built modern home! I wouldn't highly recommend it, but I also wouldn't say that it sucks either. For 200 bucks, it seems worth it, as long as you don't depend on this being your TV lounger!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality seems good compared to price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Look wise pretty accurate, but you need to sit on it first to realy judge!
The Milano lounger and ottoman is a perfect pair for a small space, this pair is very roomy and comfortable, just use a small pillow for the lower back, and all you need is a medium coach to complete the decor. I am so amazed at the quality, the other reviews were helpful in putting the chair together and I had no problems. Overstock is great with buying products and selling them at a reasonable price. I searched many other stores and Overstock had the best price along with shipping price. Thanks Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color exact as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am very pleased with the quality of this lounger.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the lounger and ottomon is exact
I hae both the chair and the ottoman - together they are dynamite in both looks and quality. This is not a chair to curl up in and read; however, it looks and sits comfortably for conversation and cocktails! Everyone compliments me on this chair and they cnnot believe the price. I have probably personally 'sold' 10 or 12 sets for Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact - a deep rich red with blue undertones
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent - both the leather and the Stainless frames
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Loved the color of this leather chair, but it came without the necessary bolts to attach to the metal frame. Thank goodness Overstock did send the parts in the mail to save my purchase. The little white footers were loose and flimsy. The entire chair is stiff and only comfortable with additon of pillows. Overall, it is a good but not great purchase
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. stiff leather, flimsy unglued footers
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I got 2 chairs and two ottomans. They look great, very modern. I would give 5 stars on the appearance of the chairs. Without the ottoman, you slide down the chair and would need a lumbar pillow to make it comfortable. They came packaged well but the holes did not line up (you have to attach the chair to the base). My husband had to use a vice to get the holes lined up. BOTH chairs holes did not align.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is truly a dark red. Not maroon or burgundy.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the leather seems good. The metal is sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is accurate.
Based upon the only other review, I dithered and almost didn't order this chair. Finally I did, because it was a good buy, was the right color (I hoped) and was the right scale and design I had been looking for. AM I GLAD THAT I DID!!! (I also ordered the matching ottoman.) The ottoman came fully assembled, just take it out of the box. The lounger top and seat comes together, and the leg assembly is also in one piece. It was easy to unwrap the protective plastic from the chromed base (which is lovely, in good condition and quality) and screw in the bolts. Took me less than 15 minutes.This is a beautiful chair. I am tall (5'9"), my husband even taller (6'2"), and we both appreciate the depth of the seat. I WILL be adding a lumbar support pillow to support the small of our backs, which will assist in support there, but planned to do so anyway as a design element. The thicker part of the chair right at the top/neckline is not as pronounced as the photograph makes it appear - I almost didn't buy it because of that. In real life it is very attractive, and feels cool to sit in. I definitely like the ottoman to go with it. Putting your feet up, it's heaven! As it is, I'm going to order another lounger, and share the ottoman between the two of them. This is one happy camper. I love it!
Although the chairs are good looking they were a nightmare to put together. Hardly any of the holes lined up, some of the holes didn't have cams in them, the instructions didn't tell you what direction the legs go in, so it was hit and miss to get them on. It just shouldn't be that difficult to put the bottom on and go, but it took forever. I finally had to leave some screws out, but once they were together they look good and the leather is a beautiful color red.