Gotta say for what this bed cost it was one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. I hesitated to purchase this bed because a few reviews going on about the extra space between the frame and the mattress but decided for the price I was handy enough to find a solution should this present a problem. I was glad I did make the purchase because the space between the frame and mattress is minuscule and I could not find another modern platform bed for near this price. I just painted some latice black and ran that around the bed between the frame and the mattress and voila!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy, and solid...not to mention no creaks or groans from people using it...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Was just what I expected...
Firstly being my first time on overstock. I waited 3 weeks for this bed, and received the bentwood slants before the actually bed arrived 4 days later. The bed arrived with no damages however there were items missing to attach one slant. And my second night on the bed on piece of wood fell out the slant. even though the bentwood slants elimate the need for a box spring, being that the bed size is at least 6 inches wider you can see below the bed, this will eventually accumulate dust etc. I've been weighing my options what can be done so I can no longer see below my bed.... My suggestions spend the extra money buy a real platform bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pkg was missing items, the bed did not have any damages. However this bed is not king size or California king. It's just huge
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Some what
This arrived withing 4 days of ordering and was very easy to set up. The slats performed poorly and I had to purchase plywood to use as a base.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perimeter frame is good quality, slats kept coming loose
It seems like a good value for the money. However our mattress wouldn't work with the frame and there weren't enough slats included in order to leave 2" or less spaces for our mattress. So we had to return it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurrate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurrate
The product is good except for two things: 1) The metal flange on one side that supports the wood spars pulled away. I had to replace the screws with longer ones. It has given me no trouble since. 2) The main flaw with the product is that the wood spars are a little too short. The ones installed in the middle between the two metal supports that run the length of the bed frame especially have a tendency to fall out. So long as they stay put the frame is serviceable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. flawed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I bought this to upgrade from a queen sized to a king our first so we're hesitant however this product turned out better than we expected. 1. Could not be sturdier it put together tightly. (There are no instructions so be ready to stop and think about what makes the most sense) It did take an hour + to put together. 2. A little larger than our mattress but lays flush on the wall and not so big that someone but you would notice. 3. It looks great and the padded faux leather helps keep stumping your toes down to a minimum. 4. Do not move this thing once you build it I haven't tried but unless it was lifted and moved all at once I think it might start to come apart. This was a cheap add on to an expensive mattress and my wife can't tell it looks great very solid. Buy this if you are on a budget.
I bought this platform bed to compliment my modern bedroom set and support my brand new king size mattress. The bed arrived via UPS in a box. I would say assembling this bed is certainly more time consuming than assembling my old waterbed from back in college, literally two center beams and 39 wooden slats to complete the bed platform inside the frame. The bolts connecting the frame and center beams are solid, but the cheap plastic pieces the hold the wooden slats in place to support a 200lb bed plus two adults(and two tiny dogs) are rather pathetic. The "faux" leather looks more like cheap "pleather" from a Halloween costume. THE MOST DISAPPOINTING THING ABOUT THIS BED IS THE SIZE. After spending a couple of hours assembling the bed, I placed my new mattress on the bed to discover how grossly over sized this bed is. From side to side, the bed is 7.5 inches too wide for a normal king size bed. This results in you and your guests having to look at the cheap wooden slats protruding from under the mattress. My forced me to rotate the mattress to hide the wooden slats. We then tried to divide the extra 7.5 inches between the headboard and footboard. This results in there being 2 spacious gaps at the north and south of the bed. Pain in the a#$ while trying to sleep and your pillow keeps falling down the gap. I have bought some awesome furniture from overstock before, but THIS BED IS A FAIL.
The inner size of the platform is way too large for regular king size mattress (either foam or traditional) leaving about two inch space all around exposing the slats on the sides - it is a design flaw. Quality of padded perimeter boards is fair at best. Some slats are splintered at the edges and difficult to insert into the end cups.
I love this bed frame. After I put it together it doesn't creek or make noise. It is very stable and it looks great. The assembly instructions leave a bit to be desired. I had to go back and repeat a few things because they were unclear. Other than that I have no complaints.
This is a great investment for your first apartment, kids, etc. Bought the King size along with a king size memory foam mattress and it fit perfectly. The item came in two boxes, one for the slats and one for the boards and it came in great condition was able to assemble in an hour with my boyfriend, the instructions are easy to follow and it comes with the necessary tools. Very satisfied with this purchase.
Bed came in a beat up box, but was in good condition inside. No problems putting it together, but once standard king size mattress is put on, looks a bit ridiculous. There is probably a good 3-4 inches of the rails showing on both sides of the mattress, doesn't matter if you flip the mattress around the other way, the problem persists. I already knew there was a chance of this being the case after reading other reviews before buying, so I was not surprised by this. Once you put a blanket or comforter on, it's not noticeable, so no biggie for $***.**! Bed seems very sturdy and doesn't make a sound when you enter or exit. Looks good too. Only giving it 3 stars because I think the very least they could do is make a king size platform bed fit a king size mattress!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Semi-accurate
I really never write reviews but this bed was worth writing one. I received my bed within five days,everything arrived in great condition.It took me a hour and a half to put the bed together and I did it by myself.Instructions and assembly was simple and easy to follow,just wear gloves when installing the bent wood pieces if you don't want splinters.Its a very sturdy bed and doesn't make any noise like your metal frame would.I put my box spring and mattress on the frame and it looks great with the bed all made up.I definitely recommend this bed frame to anyone looking for a modern sleek look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The dimensions are wrong. Its larger than a King mattress. I was shorted on some of the rubber pieces for the wooden slats. Also there were no holes drilled for one of the legs. So right now the bed is resting on a leg that is not secured. This was a nightmare to put together. It took me and my son almost 3 hours. All in All once the mattress was put on top of it it looks ok. Its not that bad I guess. Im using it so I guess thats what counts.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
The bed was exactly what I was hoping for. My husband and I put the bed together in about an hour. I am very happy with the quality and design of the bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very close to exact.
I only had one problem, a couple of the plastic pieces the wooden slats go in broke but they are still functional and holding up the mattress. They are the ones that are two sided in the center for you to put wooden slats in either side and the plastic nubs broke off. The bed is perfect except for that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
It took me about 3 hours to put together, only because I was sore from cleaning the bedroom the day before and I had to be careful with my back. I bet normally, it would be about 2. But then I take a lot of breaks, so you pros out there, maybe 1.5 hours. Make sure when you put the wooden slats in, you start left right or right to left (don't start in the "center" as it states, or you'll have trouble later). The directions are hard to understand and it would have been nice if they were clearer, but I guess common sense prevailed. The leather looks real, and who cares that it's fake, you don't wear and tear the frame like you would a seat or couch. It's goregeous, and actually not too low to the ground and is about at my knee or just above because of the mattress. People who are injured, older would benefit from this height. I got a 10inch memory foam from here and it was just about 2 inches short, but you cannot notice with all the bedding any how. The memory foam is awesome! I guess I better review that too. Only $500 compared to Tempurpedic's starting at around $1000 (or more!). No boxpring is awesome! What a waste those are now.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabulous
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very