I needed a certain size stool for the desk that I use my portable sewing machine at, and this does the trick. I needed one that had decent up and down range so that it could fit back under the desk when not in use, and not stick out...a very tall order. I also wanted one that had a small seat since I sit on the edge of a stool when I sew, and the big cushiony stools now days are just too cumbersome. A snap to assemble, and I heeded the advice of another reviewer about the grease. My only complain is that it does have a slight wobble to the stool top, when it is elevated..very slight, so not enough to make me not want to keep it. The wood finish on the top actually closely matches the finish on the desk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality..made in China...very well packed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Matched
I bought this stool/side table after checking out similar products at that well-known Swedish big box store. Although this one was almost twice as much as those other ones, it was definitely worth it! The top is solid wood, a light to medium tone, and the base is matte black metal. Assembly consisted of screwing on the table top (one minute), placing the bolt to hold the top in place (30 seconds), & putting the rubber protectors on the three legs (again, 30 seconds). I didn't even need instructions. I also have to say that I've NEVER received a product that was wrapped so well. EVERYTHING was wrapped extremely well. Not a scratch on anything. This is a no-brainer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? SPOT ON
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY WELL MADE
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? SPOT ON
Firstly, this stool is well packed. I was a little concerned that I was going to ruin the finish on the base trying to remove the very tightly taped gauzy protective wrap. Be careful! Assembly was a breeze and the instructions couldn't be more clear. Do heed the words of others and wipe off excess blue grease from base while assembling. I'm very happy with this stool. It's better looking than I though it would be and is just right for sitting at an art table or an easel. I looked for this style stool at this height for some time. Most are designed for counters or bars and cannot go lower than 24 inches. This one works best in the 18-22 inch range, which is exactly what I wanted. Others state that it wobbles when fully extended, so perhaps not ideal as a counter stool.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better in person. Wood is darker and richer (more rusty in color) and while metal is shiny, it doesn't look cheap.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent for a swivel stool in this price range
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I returned them. I felt that the quality wasn't there and was worried about the top coming off or just the fact that is was cheap.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yeah
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I ended up returning these. The top of the barstool was very wobbly.
These stools were exactly what I was looking for. My son has an apartment in NYC and he wanted an industrial look and these fit the bill. One had a small ding in the seat from shipping, hardly noticeable, and the people at Overstock responded to my concern right away. Very friendly, courteous and helpful. Almost glad one came with the ding for the experience I had with the people at Overstock!
I run hot and cold with O's quality. Sometimes I'm very pleased and other times I open the box and realize the merchandise is poor quality at best. The latter is my experience with this stool. The legs have a raised stippling in spots which looks like painted over rust (although I cannot determine if it is or is not rust), the welded joints are a real mess, the feet don't sit flat on the floor and the wood seat is chipped. My experience returning items though is such that for what I paid it's just not worth it. This was purchased for under a kitchen desk - finding something that was the proper height was challenging and this will be seldom used so it's not worth getting knickers in a twist about. At least it looks good in its new place.
I purchased this stool for my kids to use at the piano. They needed something higher than the bench, but slightly different heights from each other. This allows each of them to quickly be at the right place. It's very well constructed, and blends in nicely - not too modern, not too traditional. It was packaged very well. I'm glad I had a heads up about the blue grease from other reviewers, so assembly was trouble free. Great product at an even better price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Medium tone natural cherry look
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well constructed - solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on.
This stool is a great addition to our kitchen. My partner and I both have bad legs and now can sit and chop or work at the stove sitting down. A lifesaver for us. Saves us a huge amount of suffering standing in the kitchen. The product is sturdy and well made and well worth the money I paid. I am very happy with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Stool was slightly darker than pictured, perfect for my decor.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellently made product. Very easy to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
These stools are gorgeous / they look really expensive! Not bad to put together - just be careful because there's a blue goo on the seat screw (for easier sliding?) and it got all over me. Just wipe off. Love these, though!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Little deeper
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Gorgeous, sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I have gotten a lot of compliments on my new stools--they are very cute and stylish--something that you would see in a home magazine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality, sturdy and looks expensive
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Have been looking for an industrial-style stool for my sewing table, contemplated (and rejected) spending 3 times as much. This little guy is perfect: sturdy, heavy enough to stay put, way-cool in the looks dept. Arrived in 3 days. Easy to assemble (just attach rubber feet and screw in seat). I'm using it at its lowest (table height), would be a bit wobbly if extended but not annoying so. Would be great used at pair in front of couch in lieu of coffee table or as a side table. Couldn't be happier with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I have not gotten to use the stool yet as it just arrived but I was more than impressed with the packaging. Took me 15 min to take all the protective wrap off which I consider a good thing! All of the materials seemed above average and it looks very nice especially for the price. Thanks!
Simple wood stool. I've had it for a few weeks now and it seems pretty sturdy and well constructed. The wood seat is lighter in color than the picture. I small annoyance is that the seat has a large center post that is screwed on to the base to raise or lower the seat. The threading on the screw isn't a tight fit with the base thread so it wiggles a little when you sit on it. Also, I use the stool in the lowest seat height setting and I notice that the seat slowly turns as I use the seat. There is no way to "lock" the seat in position so that it doesn't turn. Minor annoyances but overall a solid buy.
Needed a stool that would be functional and yet slide easily under our computer desk to be out of the way. Finding a stool with the correct height was a challenge...18" was too low and 24" too high. This stool adjusts to the 20" we required and it's stylish enough to add to the decor. Price was reasonable compared to other options. Definitely would recommend. PS We did add a stool cushion for added comfort.
This is a great little stool for my work station. The adjustable feature allows my four year old grandson to use it as well, when he is over. Easy to put together, sturdy, looks good. A great addition to my office. Am thinking of buying another one.