We finally received this product after it sat in the UPS office for a week....only to find some parts missing needed to assemble it. After contacting customer service, found out this had happened before and they credited us with some money back so my husband went to the hardware store to buy some parts that would work. After it was assembled, I am happy with it as it fulfills our needs perfectly. Is it copper like I ordered? Not that I can tell, looks black...but maybe it is a little like oil rubbed bronze which is what we had on our faucets anyway.
I purchased this rack for my kitchen as a space saver and was EXTREMELY disappointed. First, It was very difficult to put together - the directions were a copy and very difficult to read and none of the holes lined up. Second, it was very flimsy and cheap looking. It was wobbly, the large shelf was chipped and none of the pieces lined up properly so there were gaps. I would not recommend this to anyone, I expected a much better piece for the price.
Asking too much for the quality of the merchandise. Pieces did not align correctly, the top shelf was warped, the directions unclear, the design itself was what i was looking for and for me it was not worth sending back. I made it work; by covering up the defaults.
for the cost of things today, you would think the quality of the product would be better, I wouldn't buy this again cause the middle part is mad from mdf and starting falling apart, could send it back because it was sent in a damage box.
My husband and I ordered this bakers rack for our new kitchen. It arrived with numerous missing pieces and a crack in a supporting leg. It also leans forward and cannot support much wait. Needless to say, we will be returning this item.
it was not just that the product was different that what is pictured. their customer service was so rude to me, i was speechless. i was told that they knew the picture was different. that's the only one they make and that i should deal with it. and then they pretty much hung up on me when i said they wasted my time for purchasing this product. nothing against overstock, but this manufacturer is horrible. it is a company called old dutch out of NJ according to my paperwork. also, if you do go ahead and purchse this, the asseembly instructtions are pretty bad too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? shelf is a cheap looking dark brown, and not the honey oak color shown in photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. just OK. seems kinda flimsy for the price,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
For the price this is a great item. Not the heftiest, but not the flimsiest either. Will work well and hold up to use as decorative storage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color was darker than on site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average quality item compared to all other items
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
This rack is ok for the price, and it will function. As a decor piece, it is an off color and the wood shelf is way too dark. Don't know if I would get it again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This is gray/ beige, not white. I may paint it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rack seems sturdy enough for cookbook, wine, and display use.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Picture was good for size, but color is off and shelf is walnut, not light.
I love my new baker's rack, but it was a bummer to put together. I did it by myself and it took me about four hours; however, I'm a 67 year old grandmother. The instruction page was a copy of a copy of a copy and it was very fuzzy. I only used the tool that came with the kit and a small screw driver. Love the way it looks in my kitchen/dinning room. Now I could put one together in half an hour.
I wanted to love this. I really did. I hesitated to purchase this because of the horrible reviews, but took a chance anyway because of the price. Upon receiving it and taking it out of the packaging, I was impressed because the metal is perfect for my Tuscan kitchen. First, the main shelf is not the shade of wood pictured. It's actually a dark cherry looking shade, which was fine with me because that's what I was looking for. Secondly, the directions are horrible. You can barely read them. Luckily, I'm good at putting things together, but it was pretty much trial and error because the directions were impossible. The hex driver provided to assemble it did not fit the hardware provided. It was too large. Luckily, I own my own set of hex drivers and found one more fitting. Many of the predrilled holes were not measured properly or were missing altogether. Since we're talking about metal, it's not exactly possible for you to drill your own. 3 of the holes on my piece are not drilled properly and I couldn't attach them. One predrilled hole was missing entirely. I e-mailed customer service. The main shelf is completely unlevel. The stabilizing plates where you attach the wood shelf to the metal are uneven. There is a noticeable slant to the shelf. I gave this piece 2 stars ONLY because had the manufacturer actually provided legible instructions and predrilled their holes properly, it would be a beautiful piece. It's the perfect size for my small apartment kitchen and I love the copper and detail. Unfortunately, however, it's only 75% assembled due to manufacturer's mistakes and carelessness. Don't waste your money or time. I should have heeded the warnings in the reviews I read.
Unfortunately I am returning this due to the DEEP DARK color of the wood shelf. In the photo it seems "oakish", normal light brown wood tone. It is FAR FROM THAT! If you are looking for a wood that is like a dark cherry wood, well this is for you! I had oak floors and an oak talbe to match.. didnt work for me. The metal railing seems just beautiful! I didnt assemble as I am returning, but the pieces seemed sturdy, soliid. I wish it could have worked for me.. maybe it can work for you!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? THAT WAS THE PROBLEM... BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE THE "REAL" COLOR OF WOOD IS "DARK CHERRY WOOD" W/ LIKE 3 BLACK WOOD GRAIN STREAKS RUNNING THROUGH IT.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The metal seems sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Welll, they say "wood shelf", but they neglect to say DARK WOOD COLOR TONE
I purchased this product in pewter. I was pleased with the color however, the wood shelf appears to be oak on site when actually it is more cherry. This rack is sturdy and attractive. The two top shelves are not very deep and thus more difficult to decorate. The product is an eye grabber and versatile. I searched for quite awhile before making a decision to purchase this product and I was not disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I ordered this in pewter. The color is what I expected. However, the wood shelf appears to be oak in the picture when actually it is quite dark, more of a cherry.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is sturdy and attractive.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
First of all, the instructions for this were AWFUL! Couldn't tell what was supposed to go where but even though, it only took me and my 18 year old daughter about 1 1/2 hours to put together, which was faster than I thought it would take. But, once we got it put together it actually is very stable and looks nice. They really need to make the instructions better though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
This item was about the best deal for what you get compared to other sites- not to mention the shipping is so much cheaper! It took me a little over an hour to put together by myself. The directions weren't great, but if I can do it, anyone can! It appears to be pretty stable and looks fabulous in my dining room.