I was looking for a shade solution for my back deck that is 10'x10' , when I saw this I knew it was perfect. I was pleasently surprised at the quality of the shade as well as the fasteners. It did take some time to get it all hooked up but now that it is up it has done well through a couple of storms with high winds. I have thought of buying the square one for another place in the back yard. It looks great in the yard!
This sun sail is a great addition to our patio, and keeps a little patch of shade on an otherwise punishingly hot tiled patio. It's stylish and functional, and I much prefer it to an umbrella. the only caveat is that the hardware it comes with is of terrible quality - I spent another 50 or so on reallly good hardware. But it's well worth it. It's a bit tricky to install - but it's more about finding just the right place for it, rather than any difficulty with the hardware. very, very happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sunsail - great; hardware - not so much
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I ordered 2 triangles (lime green and turquoise) and thought we could overlap them to make a square but no matter how and where you set your posts, it's not going to be square. We used the to cover our large patio so our furniture would not get so faded as the sun comes around to that side of the house after 12 pm and stays until dark. Living on a mounatin, we get some heavy winds and lost 4 big umbrellas last year. After reading other reviews, I thought this would be worth trying. This summer we had winds that exceeded 80 m.p.h. and while these winds took down and uprooted 150 year old oak trees, these sun sails held strong throughout the whole ordeal. These heavey winds are not normal for this area but it's happened 4 times already and the sun sails are still hanging. They do need to be tightened as they are sagging a little now from all the winds and rain. One thing we are going to change is the way they are hung. My husband planted 2 - 12' posts, 3' in the ground, topped off with cement and covered them with a heavy white plastic, square insert (made for fencing, capped it and bolted larger eye hooks at the top side of the posts. The other eye hooks come off the posts on our outdoor kitchen (that part of the bar has a roof and 20' wooden bar top) Since the 2 triangle sails didn't work, I ordered a square one. The sail comes under the roof line above the bar top and keeps the rain off the bar stools. The sail angles down a little from the other posts to allow water to run off. (Don't know what they are called but the "T" shaped things that you tie a boat off on a dock is what we are looking to use to replace the screwed in eye hooks.) This would make it so much easier when the sun sail needs to be tightened. The way it is now, is just too much trouble to deal with. We did replace the ropes they sent with a little larger ones simpley because of the constant winds blowing up this mountain but if you don;t have that problem, the sent ropes would work just fine. Since we now have 3 sun sails (2 triangles and 1 square) we put the large, square turquoise first and added the lime green to the top side and it blocks out more harsh sunlight. They do give shade but the mesh keeps you cooler. Just wish they were waterproof. They do drip rain when it comes down. But it has saved our cushions from getting faded and held up through heavy winds - I'm impressed with these sun sails.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ordered Lime green and Turquoise - love the bright colors
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabric has seen a lot of heat, sun shine, high winds and rain but all has not effected the sails.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not as much as it should have. These are about 45 degree so, you can't buy 2 to make a square
We have a very HOT and sun exposed side porch and these flys are excellent shade producers. Attractive and durable. Would certainly purchase these again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very heavy tight weave
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
These are great! Due to north/south exposure and wind, I don't want to put a permanent patio cover on the back of my house. I have several of these sail shades that are just the ticket for providing some shade during hot summer months by the pool, but I can easily remove in the fall after the season is over.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Best purchase I made all summer, so much so that I ordered another one. I have a south west exposed patio that is always wind blown. Everything we have put out there gets destroyed by the sun & wind. This Sail has survived 60 mph winds. I I was so excited.! It keeps my patio table shaded and my brick cool enough to walk on. The color is bright, the material is strong, intallation was a breeze and My husband always the skeptic loves it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? No surprises in color, it was same as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very durable.Hi quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was right on.
worked well as sun shade and worked well as rain cover
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? v good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. v good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? v good
I purchased 2 of each color Lime Green and Blue. I was apprehensive at first with the bright colors, but once my hubby put up two of the sails after a little bit of muscle and swearing, they were so beautiful in the sun. The grown kids and grandkids were staring in awe. Problem, they were not the correct size for my patio due to the shape of my patio. Nothing wrong with the sails. I did send them back and got a quick refund.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lime Green and Blue were as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great strong weave. Seemed to be made for outdoors
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate. You really need to stretch the sails taunt. When you do, they look beautiful
After reading several reviews I decided to purchased this item. It was delivered ahead of schedule. The quality is excellent, the color was as bright as the pictures. The installation is simple if you are handy and have the right tools. The only drawback is the quality of the hardware included. Highly recommend to upgrade the hardware before installation.
I purchased the lime green sail. I actually bought two, and wish I would have bought more! They are beautiful, and keep the sun off my back deck so it doesn't burn your feet out there. We are at 100 degrees plus in the summer months here in CA, and these sails are excellent for keeping my patio cool. I'm now enjoying my patio with the shade and coolness these provide.
This is my third triangular sail (I also have 1 large square sail) and I am so pleased with them. The first 2 were purchased last summer to shade a porch that gets way too much late afternoon sun: They worked perfectly, were easy to install, and when I put them up this year, they looked as good as when first purchased. This one is a gorgeous bright sunny yellow and is shading my back deck: They withstand some pretty stiff high winds and are semi-opaque, so they give a sense of privacy as well as shade. Well made, the stitching is holding up and the hardware is solid.
Good shade and construction although it was not as big as I thought it would be. The measurements are right but it curves in slightly so the actual coverage is smaller than expected. Also, the blue color that I bought makes it look like a tarp you buy at Home Depot. Should have gone with a different color.