I bought this rug for a nursery. It is a pretty pattern and it looks good in the room. But in several places, the white/ivory stripes are more yellowed, as if some kind of glue had spilled on the yarn in those places. It's pretty noticeable even from a few feet away. I am not sure if I will go to the trouble of returning it, but it's just something that kind of bothers me. The website says it's organic -- when the rug arrived, it didn't say anything on the packaging about being organic. It just said "wool and viscose." But it did say Made in India. I got it because I wanted a non-toxic rug. It doesn't smell, but it's hard to know if it is organic. There is no backing on it -- it is just pure, tightly woven wool -- so at least I know there are no toxic glues used for the rug backing. It is rough/scratchy. I was hoping it would be softer -- I am not sure it would be comfortable to sit on, for a baby to crawl around on. I don't even think I would want to sit on the rug wearing shorts, because it would be kind of rough on your legs. All in all, an OK purchase, but given that I'm not even sure it's organic, I probably would have gone with a rug from a different store that is softer and not discolored.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a pretty gray - close to the color on the website
The design and color are really nice. However, its hard to tell from the picture that the rug is very flimsy. Even with a pad, just walking on the rug kicks it up in all places. Forget about moving an ottoman or coffee table around; it will not stay flat. Also, this rug is true to its wool; the tiny little wool fibers end up everwhere....on the floor, in your nose, on your skin. Very itchy. It also picks very easy. I ran a vacuum over the rug to try to get rid of the wool fibers but it messed up the quality of the rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Below average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Perfect in my dining room. The rug is thin but it is in a room I don't use often.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Am very happy with this purchase, the rug arrived within 7 days (shipped to Australia over Christmas) and rolled out flat. The texture is quite coarse but this is not an issue for me, no shedding so far and I love the look of the rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colour was the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate
Not my favorite purchase. I bought the area rug to go with two modern white leather chairs for a showroom display, and honestly it just looks so cheap. The material for the rug is scratchy and thin. If it were for my home I would return it right away.