I originally ordered four sets of these glasses. They were Waterford after all! They are the most ridiculously fragile glasses I have ever seen. Simply picking one up in the wrong way can snap them. They break for virtually no reason whatsoever. In less than a year, I am down to TWO glasses, and I will not be re-stocking. Don't waste your money. You might as well buy disposable glasses.
I purchased these wine glasses because they had a large tapered bowl that allow wine to breathe and decent rim circumference required for good cabernet or merlot. bouquet development. This is the second set of 8 that I have purchased. These glasses are a bit on the light side offset perhaps by an under weighted base . They are NOT the best Waterford crystal so don't be overly influenced by the manufacturer, but good enough for luncheon or casual dinner with close friends and family. They are of an elegant height and dress a table well. There is always a balancing act between glass lightness and serviceability. The glass should neither be so heavy that it feels like a brick in your hand nor so thick that the glass feels uncomfortable between your lips. These glasses meet that requirement. They are neither heavy nor thick. They have a decent sized bowl to allow swirling and large enough opening to allow bouquet development. As with most crystal, they should be washed by hand.
I previously purchased a set of 8 of these glasses - from accidents over the years, I was down to 4. I ordered 4 more from Overstock. They came quickly and with adequate packaging, all glasses intact. Decent quality, but not top quality (the price reflects that). Sturdy, but still breakable :)
I purchased two sets of these glasses and am very pleased with them. I've been a fan of Waterford for years, but haven't had the opportunity to own any of their crystal until now. These glasses have a lovely classic design and are recommended for use with a variety of full-bodied wines such as Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chianti, Merlot, Shiraz, Syrah and Zinfandel. The glasses arrived in perfect condition - no chips or breaks in either set. Not only were they well packaged by Waterford, but Overstock cushioned them with layers of bubble wrap, which I appreciate. I would recommend these glasses to anyone who enjoys a glass of wine every now and then.
My lovely (set of 8) glasses arrived as promised. The packaging was exceptional and truly protected my shipment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is exactly what you would expect from Waterford Crystal
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
I've been looking for some nice red wine glasses at an affordable price. This set is excellent quality and I will be buying more in the near future.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These glasses are just the way I like good red wine glasses. They are fairly tall with a nice sized glass that is thin at the rim. They are attractive and of good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excactly.
Love the glasses. Compared price at Waterford Com. Overstock was a better value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate