Great value! This board is larger and priced lower than the competitor. I've replaced all of my split and warpped cutting boards. Maintain the cutting board with food grade mineral oil and this board will last your life time. I leave it out on my counter all the time and is a nice complement to the kitchen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture represents the product received.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, well built that will last a life time!
My daughter recently started bread baking as well as pasta making. She was so happy when I surprised her with this LARGE cutting board. Perfect for kitchen use. The woodgrain is so beautiful that I also used for a buffet of fruit and cheeses... a big hit !! Note that this is a very big, I keep it on display on my counter...
This block is beautiful! We bought one over a year ago and have been so happy with it we purchased another one for the other side of the counter! It has a beautiful grain and is thick and heavy, and holding up great with lots of use. Highly recommend.
This is a giant, well made cutting board. I got it as a gifts for my parents and they love it. They have a big kitchen and keep this out permanently, they love having it handy to prep veggies and the like. The size and quality for the price is really good I think.
These cutting boards are absolutely stunning. I ordered 2 for my brand new carrara marble counters to protect them, and I wish I had found them sooner! Only thing is that they could have been sanded more. They're a little rough if you run your hand the opposite way, but thats being picky. Otherwise I love them, and I love how they protect my counter.
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my husband, and he loves it!!! My only complaint is that it is big and heavy and we had to find somewhere to put it, but that's exactly what he wanted! So, it's perfect for a man that wants a heavy duty, but beautiful cutting board! The price and quality are excellent! Thanks!
My wife had picked up a stand-alone kitchen cabinet to work as a coffee station. So the question became, what to put on the top of the cabinet. We looked at the option of getting a piece of countertop to fit, but instead found this cutting board in the perfect size. I was really impressed with the weight and how solid this cutting board feels. Looks and fits great for our application. We won't be doing any cutting on ours, but by the density of the wood, I'm sure it could take it.
Heavy-weight, heavy-duty and beautifully crafted. The grain of the wood shows beautifully after coating with mineral oil. (Don't waste your money on hardware store "food-grade" mineral oil -- the stuff in the drug store is the same thing and works just as well for a fraction of the cost.) The only reason I'm lukewarm about the value of this product is that after purchasing, I found the same product at XXXXXX for quite a bit less. But I'm happy with the purchase and its quality.
I have been wanting a large cutting board for a while, the are very difficult to locate in retail stores. Also they are very expensive! ! I'm a girl on a budget, but I know what "nice" things are-- this cutting board fits the bill financially and quality-wise. Thanks Overstock! !
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The board was exactly as described online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love the grain of wood in the board. Plus I think the size is great for chopping lots of different foods without having to transfer them to separate bowls. Lots of room.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The board was exactly as described online.
It's a hefty slab-o-maple. Nothing more, nothing less. I wouldn't expect to be tossing this thing around all the time - it weighs a substantial amount - but if you have a dedicated space on your counter top where it can sit and form the core of the your workspace, then it does the job. Mine sits just to the left of the sink and to right of my cooktop, where I can prep and move food easily the cooktop and clean directly into the sink. I thought the top would be sanded a little smoother - as it comes out of the wrap it has a slight rough feel to it.. but I suspect over time that will wear anyway.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent, though I was surprised the finish was a little rougher than I might have expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine.
I was searching for a substantial, heavy cutting board that would serve as a table top for an iron shelfing system (36" high) in my kitchen--as an extension to my kitchen island. It was PERFECT! The quality is better than I could have imagined....It's beautiful and functional--although I admit I bought it for looks (I really don't cook). The value is amazing--and Overstock's service was outstanding, as usual.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional --Superior
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate