I am excited over my new, quality cutting board. It is ver heavy and I would have stuggled to carry it if I had bought it in a mall. Thanks for making this purchase so easy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is fabulous, I am very pleased
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on!
I can't believe the price for this cutting board. It is fantastic quality!! I added small feet to it, so that it is easy to move around and secure on the counter. Important to note that the info that comes with it says to never immerse it in water. It cleans up nicely with a damp cloth and I use a lemon and salt to disinfect it
This produce is certified by the National Safety Foundation (NSF), so I feel confident that my food won't get poisoned by the materials used to hold the wood together. This is a heavy cutting board, so it does not slide around while I'm working. I don't even bother putting it away; it just stays out on my counter. Size is great! Hardwood has not been marred by use. Of course, I applied wood oil before use per instruction, as I do with all my wood kitchen tools to keep them from cracking/breaking down. This is a GREAT product at a very reasonable price. I have been avoiding buying items from countries with bad product safety, employee safety, human rights histories/policies. I assume that most stuff that's made in China is assembled by political prisoners or slave wage laborers in unsafe working environments using toxic waste as materials because of the well-document histories of such. I'm not going to support that with my money.
The only thing that could be improved was that the surface of the board was a little rough, which was easily fixed with a little sanding. I wish it had been mentioned that I would need to treat the board with oil before I used it and that the oil was available for purchase with the board. It is a great board, sturdy and heavy and I'm sure it will last for years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The only thing that could be improved was that the surface of the board was a little rough, which was easily fixed with a little sanding
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I wish it had been mentioned that I would need to treat the board with oil, and that the oil was available for purchase.
After just a few uses the wood pieces started to separate, and now I have gaps in between. I never let the cutting board stay wet, and I wash it I'm washing and drying it right after each use. Still I could not prevent the gaps appearing...