I bought it as a cheap alternative to an *** platform bed, I like the look and that my cats can't hang out under it. The only thing I had to add was a piece of plywood cut to fit the top since I didn't have a box spring (the cats strike again) Once the plywood was painted to match the frame it really kept the sleek look and without the added height my old dog can get in and out of bed without help. Took all of 15min to get together by myself and was easy to slide into place I've been using it over 2yrs now and haven't had a single problem. It's sturdy, comfy and still looks great. I would 100% recommend this bed!
Well mine came from Texas over a couple stated to California, in 3 days it was at my door .. It was packaged well, opened it ..no damage, all the parts were there. I didn't realize the java brown frame was metal too, I liked it ... for the price it's a great enclosed frame which I need for my cats, so they don't tear up my box spring .. It's true too .. no tools necessary except for a razor knife to carefully open the box, which by the way leave the box on the floor and unwrap or dissect .. the box were it sets .. much easier than trying to pull the parts out ..
just moved back to LA from NYC and all of my "stuff" is back in NYC until Nov so I did not want to go over board and buy things that I already have. This "bed" was just a stop-gap until my real furnishings comes back to the West Coast. Well, you know the old saying, "you get what you pay for." This frame is metal and very week at that. Every corner etc was bent and I had to "rebend" with pliers to try and make the corners, etc align. Overall it will"do" but I wouldnt buy this for a long term solution.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? not great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I must say i was skeptical about purchasing this product due to the sketchy reviews i read, but never the less i still rolled the dice and took a chance and purchased it anyway! I was completely satisfied! All pieces where in the box and assembling the frame was a walk in the park! The reason i was sold on this product and took a chance with it was solely due to the reviews and i went with purchasing it because at the time the reviews were half and half so to me the odds were in my favor!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dead on match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product was satisfying
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I was apprehensive to purchase this based on the mixed reviews, but now that I have it put together, I'm very glad I ordered it. I'm not very handy, but it was very easy to put together (I was chatting on my cell as I was assembling it, it all snaps together absolutely NO tools required), it was not scratched or dented (arrived in two boxes, I was careful not to tear up the boxes and saved them just in case), and most importantly it is QUIET! Which is why I wanted it in the first place. I've only had it up for a day, but my bed does not squeak if I so much as sit on it. This was my main reason for ordering this frame. Another plus is that I have a small room, and this has given me about 4 inches of extra space and I'm not bumping my legs or toes on posts. Great buy in my book!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I bought this to replace the standard cheap metal bed frame because I wanted greater stability, and this fits the bill perfectly. It was very easy to assemble, and so far it is holding up perfectly well. This is well worth the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate
It was easy to assemble and without a space under the bed, really cuts down on dust in the bedroom. We bought it to go with the Inspire nailhead headboard, which sits behind the frame and mattress--we didn't have to bolt the frame to the headboard (if we had wanted to we would have had to drill holes or come up with another solution). But the solid frame is stable and the bed skirt covers it so we don't see the frame. Overall we are very happy.
This is a good frame if you have small animals that like to chew the wood under your box spring. It is durable after its put together, but you will be a bit disappointed why you first open the box. The frame that sets on the floor is very flimsy and mine was even bent around the edges. That was not really a big deal. I'm satisfied because my 3 shih tzus can't get under the bed!
Not impressed with this bed frame at all. The metal side frames are thin and waver each time you sit or lay on the bed.. This product may be a good choice for an air mattress or a lighter type of bed. I would not recommend it for beds with box spring and mattress. Very flimsy.
We were a little worried after reading some of the reviews but went ahead and ordered this bed frame anyway. It is exactly what we were looking for and we were happy that it was so easy to assemble. Our bed is now on a very solid support system and we don't have to worry about dusting under the bed anymore!
This was extremely easy to assemble. I have to admit that two of the pieces were shipped in a way that forced them together so tightly that it took two of us to get them to separate, but besides that, it was easy peasy. It looks good, seems to be very stable and I'm happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fair, it looks more grey than brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I would not recommend this bed frame to anyone, friend or foe. We got the bed frame and wanted to get our new mattress and box springs on it right away. When we opened the outer box, we were happy to see the inner box in perfect shape. Unfortunately, when we opened that box, we saw scratches and dents all over it. We also noticed as we tried to put it together, that the frame brackets were bent really bad...we actually had to get out a wrench and hammer to get it to fit together! Poor quality and workmanship! But it is up and seems sturdy, at this time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We opened the box, which was not banged up at all in shipping. The bed frame had scrattches all over it and was bent at two ends, so bad, we had to get out pliers and a hammer to streighten the brackets out. We did finally got it to fit together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate, other than the dents and scratches.
We built our own headboard so we needed a simple frame to go with it, this was a perfect match because we didn't really want to see the frame at all and we didn't want our toes to be able to hit the frame beneath. It was super easy to assemble and we end up hooking a strand of rope light under the frame since it was completely hidden so now our bed glows from beneath. So cool!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched Discription
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Matched Discription
I gave this bed frame to my son as a Christmas gift. He wanted one after seeing ours. He loves it. He said it a somewhat challenging to put together because some of the pieces were a little bent, but he still loves it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As expected
very flimsy product, came dented and bent.if I didnt absolutely need a bedframe yesterday I would have sent it back right away...not a good buy at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matched fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
So, I can't complain too much about this bed platform because of the price and you get what you pay for. When i first received the bed frame i was upset to find scratches all over the item. I was then disappointed to find out that although it did indeed fit a queen size mattress, the frame , itself, was smaller than the mattress. It was, however, very simple to put together and I was all too happy to have a bed to sleep on and kept reminding myself that I had not payed too much for it. The MAJOR PROBLEM came when i actually slept on it, and every time I toss or turn in the middle of the night I am awoken by metal scatching up against metal. I suppose this is the problem with ordering large furniture pieces online( i was not about to disassemble this frame, pay for a new box and drag it back to ups to ship it back to the seller. In conclusion I would never have purchased this item in the first place and would definitely not suggest to a friend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a lot more metallic than it appears in the pic and a lot less brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not very good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It made it sound a lot more luxurious than it is. It really is just a couple of pieces of metal made to fit each other.
Like this frame however it came scratched and dented in two places. The most frustrating of all was pieces had been manufactured incorrectly so one corner of the bed would not fit into place. We had to use a rumbber mallot and pursuade it into place. Would have returned it but we had guests coming to stay and had no other choice. Once it was together it seemed crazy to take it all apart to return and figured no one would ever see the scratch, dent and manipulated corner. Just overpriced for a damaged and incorreclty manufactured item but a nice looking bedframe once assembled.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. damaged
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate