My husband and I put this item together on his 71st birthday recently. It was not that easy because we misunderstood one of the pictorial instructions, but after I figured it out, it was easy after all. Every piece of the chair was individually wrapped to prevent scratching, which I thought was extra thoughtful. The directions are pictorial, not written, with every piece numbered and shown clearly. The Manchester Mahogany Finish Chair Valet is not only well constructed, but it is also beautifully finished, with all sorts of little extras that make it really a quality item. Every screw indention on the chair has a little matching cover piece, and the drawer is nicer than most because it has stops on it so it won't pull all the way out and fall on one's feet. It is a deep drawer. The seat is very comfortable. I am glad I purchased this one instead of the less expensive one I had chosen at first at your site. This one is definitely worth the money. My husband has thanked me almost every day for this chair. Usually, he's not that enthusiastic about his birthday gifts. Thank you, Overstock.com, for having this quality product.
I had a "regular" valet, but always wanted a chair valet, to serve a dual purpose. I found this one on Overstock and watched it for sometime. The price, although good, never fluctuated, so once I got a **% off coupon, I bought this! The quality is nice, the chair looks good and I put it together in under an hour. Thanks Overstock!
Product was fairly easy to built. Was missing one piece that was quickly resolved by the Overstock Rep I called. The 800 number included in the direction from the manufacturer was disconnected, but Overstock picked up the ball and ran with it
My husband has been asking for a "valet" for years I don't like to buy items sight unseen, however, valets are difficult to find in stores. I ordered this chair anyway. When it came in, the assembly was not difficult at all. The drawer is deep and the construction is very sturdy. This chair was everything I expected. I would highly recommend this chair valet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is right on the money.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The quality of the wood is sturdy.
The chair is perfect for my needs. Assembly was easy and the product is solid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I was not so happy with the condition of the packaging on this purchase. The packing was crumbling and could have been better. The chair itself was in multiple pieces and no written directions. Only one small page of pictures. I added wood glue to areas that I thought should have it but nothing to tell you where to put it. It had several scratches on the chair parts and the vinyl padding had a couple of slits in it. I was going to cover with brown vinyl anyway so I didn't return it. I used old english scratch cover on the parts that were scratched.and It does look good once it is together and seems pretty sturdy. It did go well with the midtown furniture from haverty's that I was trying to match for the bedroom. It was also the only valet chair I could find to replace my husband's old one.. He is happy with it, so I guess that is what counts.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I think the quality is only avereage.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate.
Perfect guest room addition or in a closet. Better than just heaping clothes on any available surface.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made and easy to put together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Decent quality chair with many useful functions and sturdy enough to hold a largish male putting on his shoes. Would have preferred a leather cushion, but chairs like that are very hard to come by. The room is much neater without the man-clutter strewn about, which was the purpose of getting it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent quality, wish it were more solid, but should hold up okay.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Although the directions are a bit hard to follow, it took about 90 minutes for this experienced woodworker to assemble this gentleman's chair. The solid wood product, mixed with reinforcement hardware, made it easy to see that this chair will last for many years to come. The only thing I would change is offering a brushed pewter version of the rails as brass is a little dated in style.
Fit and finish better than normal "you assemble" furniture. Be careful on assembly wood is soft and will dent. I noticed after first assembly that chair was not truly square and reassempled it on flat surface, and used framing squares, this time gluing all wood to wood joints. End result was a very fine bedroom chair.