I love this bacon cooker. It cooks many strips of bacon at the same time and gets it crisp (though you can certainly adjust how much you cook it if you prefer it less well-done). Most of the grease ends up in the bottom of the cooker, not on the bacon. It is reasonably easy to clean.
I am getting every family household one of these for Christmas. I eat a lot of bacon and the mess of paper towels and the cleaning of the microwave was awful. Use 2, 1/2 sheets and there is no splatter, greasy leakage, or anything to clean up. Pour the grease out and put it in the dishwasher (no pre -rince necessary). If you are quick in putting the cooked bacon on a plate when it is still hot it will lay flat. Otherwise the shape of a 'U'. Love it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. plastic like I thought Goes in Dishwasher just fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
It does work and it's pretty compact. Works better if you drape the bacon over a couple of the stands rather than just folding each piece over one stand. I guess more air/heat, microwaves need to get to both sides of the bacon. I use it often and with good results.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? 100% match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 80% match.
I ordered this as a Christmas gift, had it shipped directly to recipient. I was very disappointed in the small size and appearance. It appeared to cook the bacon o.k. but I found it to be very flimsy. My first disappointment with a product that I have purchased from Overstock.
We've been using ours for years now. My only gripe is that if you don't cover the bacon well with many paper towels, you'll have grease all over the microwave. And even using the paper towels, we have to wipe the grease off the walls of our microwave. Until I find something better (I think I finally did, the WowBacon), we will continue to use this.