This is a perfect sized desk when space is limited. It's sturdy and holds my large flatscreen computer (which is quite heavy) well. The computer tray/drawer is enormous and easily accomodates all of my supplies and folders neatly. It's a classy looking little desk and was easy to set up. We had some problems with damage but Overstock was fantastic about replacing the desktop and even gave us a small credit towards our next order. It's nicer than I expected and I'm very happy with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close (it's dark and rich)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
My husband put the desk together in about 20 minutes. It looks very classy. I'm happy with it and would buy it again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I would give it an 8 out of 10. Great for the price. Sturdy too.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I'm very happy with my new desk. I wanted something that would accommodate a flat screen monitor & other necessary home office items, & also would look attractive in the space allotted. After searching in stores & online for several days, I found this desk. It's a perfect fit!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Finishes are smooth & desk is very stable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I thought for the price the of the desk, we got a deal. I was not hard at all to put together. The box it was shipped in seemed to have been opened before and re-taped together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? We loved the color, it looked just like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The desk did have some scratches, but for the most part it was in good shape.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate.
Desk was just what I was looking for. Assembled it myself fairly easily and is sturdy and well built. The mahogany color matches my pool table and entertainment center in game room. Would reccomend desk to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well built and looks good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I'd give it a ten
I really like this desk--it's quite sturdy and looks nice. It did come with a damaged part, but I called customer service and a replacement was promprly shipped. I did not give the desk 5 stars because of the packing materials surrounding the desk--lot's of fragile styrofoam which made a huge mess when I took all the pieces out of the box. When the replacement piece arrived, it too, was surrounded by fragments of styrofoam. Don't let the packaging keep you from buying the desk; just be aware that you'll have styrofoam everywhere.
I am now sitting at my newly assembeled Mahogany Computer desk which looks wonderful in my office. I am glad I did order this design and it looks expensive...... I would have given a rating of 5 stars but assemly of the drawer was really hard to install properly. The way we did it was to lay the desk on its back and pull and extend the tracks all the way up and then "feed" the door through the opening. My husband and I both like the desk though......... he does need a reprieve from putting things together. OOpps.......... a chair I ordered from Overstock will be here late afternoon.
It's funny how the most helpful reviews are all the ones that speak greatly of the piece. Don't be misled-- the desk is beautiful for decorative purposes but the drawer is built horribly. It gets stuck and keeps you from using it functionally, in any way. I also had an issue with the screws busting through on the other end of the wood, as another reviewer had stated.
I agree one of the reviewers: "there is no way that you can open the door for the keyboard". It is really really hard to pull the keyboard part out, which is very annoying to me. The desk looks good at first sight but the quality of the material is just so so.
Wish I'd opened this when it arrived a few weeks ago, but I've been in the midst of a remodel project. So, finally started to assemble this desk last night. There were 2 mounting blocks on the rear top support that were torn off in transit; no damage apparent on the box, just an apparent failure of the packing foam to maintain its integrity so that the pieces failed when the box apparently was dropped. I managed to fix it with wood glue and completed the assembly this morning. Because of the cramped locations of the bolts that required the use of L-end wrench, combined with the arthritis in my hands, what should have been a 1 hour or less project consumed about 3 hours. If you have good hand mobility, however, you should have no problem assembling this in record time. Overall, I am very satisfied with the finished product - and with the price I paid. I've already received several compliments on the beautiful furniture styling, and it fits my home's decor perfectly. Don't hesitate to buy this item; just be sure to open it immediately so you can call if there's any hidden damage.
My review here is probably a bit biased. The desk arrived severely damaged. A number of pieces were cracked and it was manufacturing based, not shipping. In a number of places the particle board was damaged due to improper placement of the staples. It was really poorly constructed. Further clouding this review is that after almost two weeks I still have not received a refund for the damaged item. All that said, I still would not recommend this desk to anyone.
We ordered two of the Mahogany Computer Desks for a very small bedroom which functions as a home office. They are the perfect size for this room and the style matches our Craftsman home really well. Decent quality, wasn't too difficult to put together for one person although one of the desks had an issue with the keyboard drawer not attaching correctly. Overstock, to their credit, was very proactive about sending a replacement to us with little fuss. The desk is a little to high for me, I'm only 5', I probably would have preferred something somewhat lower but, it's fine for my partner who is of average height and I'm sure once I find the right chair position, and perhaps get something to rest my feet on, it really won't matter. The desk is sturdy and overall this was a good value for the money.
We love this desk, it is just perfect for the spot it's in. Love the style and color. The drawer doesn't slide easy but oh well. Wouldn't send it back just for that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this is a great desk for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very