Have had lots of company since purchasing this mattress. My daughter said it was more comfortable to sleep on than her bed at home. Because it's such a heavy mattress it is very difficult to return the futon frame to a sitting position - it requires two adults and lots of maneuvering. As a bed it's very functional though.
This is the second one of these we've bought from Overstock. We bought one a couple of years ago for our guest room. Several of our guests have commented on how comfortable the mattress is and how well they slept. We have another room that has a futon in it also that we use when we have extra company so we decided to get another one of these mattresses for that room also and we're glad we did. There is a slight woody odor when the mattress is first opened, but after a week or so it was gone.
I ordered this for a guest bed in an office and wanted something high quality for our overnight company. I am extremely happy with the quality, it is so comfortable! We had one over night guest already and she said she slept great and it was very comfortable. My son has been sleeping on it when I let him because he thinks it is so comfy. I was happy to receive in within days of ordering so we have it for our holiday company. I ordered the queen, so it is large looking, the full 10 inches think and heavy, so do need help getting the bed back into a couch, but worth it. I would buy it again.
This mattress will probably do exactly what I need it to do, which is to serve as my bed for 1-2 years. So far, it is comfortable to sleep on, firm, but not hard. If it gets compacted after a while, I may decide to put a foam-top mattress pad on it. It would make a good-looking couch futon. It takes some tussling to get it bent into a couch shape, but it stays in place once it's there. Since I'm using it as a bed every day, it will stay flat and this is not a problem. If you want a soft mattress, this is not a good choice for you. So far, it's exactly what I need for sleeping, except as noted below. The mattress smells bad. Although it is listed as being made in the USA, like many textile products made overseas, this one has obviously been treated with chemicals to inhibit mold and bugs, and it stinks like chemicals. It smells so bad and so strongly that I am sleeping with a fan blowing over the bed so that I don't have to smell it all night. I dont know if the smell is coming from the stuffing or the cover. The cover is dry-cleanable, but when I looked into taking it off, I decided against it, since it looks like the mattress will fall apart if the cover is taken off. The mattress has a pocketed coil inner section, but that is covered by loose batting that may not stay in place if the cover is removed. Im pulling the sheets back and running a fan in the bedroom all day to try and dissipate the chemical smell. If you are sensitive to smells, do not buy this mattress!! Another drawback was that the box it came in was beaten to death, with holes all over the box. It really looked like someone had taken a baseball bat to it, all over. I was prepared to find all kinds of damage to the mattress, which luckily, wasn't the case. The mattress was rolled up in a tough plastic bag and cinched up with plastic straps, and somehow, despite truly astonishing damage to the box, the mattress was intact. The shipper should really check into how these things are shipped! I was impressed that the mattress flattened out right away, as it was rolled up very tightly. Net result is that Ill keep the mattress, but I would not recommend it, due to the strong chemical smell it exudes. Hopefully in time this will fade, and hopefully the mattress will stay as comfy as it is right now.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is very nice. Not quite as bright as pictured, but very attractive. Doesn't really matter, since it will be under sheets.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be well-made. Will need to sleep on it for a few months to see how it holds up. The cover is very nice and soft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This mattress is nowhere near 10 inches thick. More like 8 inches at the thickest point. I thought it might have been compressed for shipping, but after 2+ days of being unrolled and slept on, it's still thinner than described.
I like the feel of the mattress, it's very comfortable to sleep on. However, don't buy if you intend to use a futon in both positions, the mattress is so thick that it doesn't fold properly when futon is in sitting position. The back part is too tall and the sitting part is too narrow.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality matress
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? rather accurate
Very comfortable for futon mattress. Love the fabric. Cleans well. It is heavy and I need my husband to put up when used as a bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
We were very happy with our purchase, just as ordered and very fast shipping!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very