This rug is slightly more vivid than it appears on my moniter. I love it. It is soft to touch. It doesn't have a 1/2 in. pile, maybe 1/4 in. I gave it 4 stars due to the pile and the chemical smell that is finally barely perceptable. The rug was delivered 5/13 and today is 6/4 and the odor is not totally gone. I had to sleep in a different room for ten days because my throat got sore if I spent any time in the room.
We were skeptical about purchasing a rug via the Internet, however the photo, description and reviews were all favorable so we gave it a shot. When this rug arrived we didn't even unroll it because it was so bad. The colors are true to the description, however there is no way this rug measures 1/2" thick and the material is not soft as others have stated in their reviews. We knew immediately that this was not what we were looking for and sent it back. The only good thing is that the rug arrived just a few days after we placed the order, which was faster than we anticipated.
The rug looks exactly like the pictures, and is quite striking. I took a chance on it, knowing it was a synthetic. The rug is soft to the touch and pleasant to walk on barefoot. If you focus on certain colors in isolation (the black border, the red), there's no mistaking that it is synthetic, and it looks a little cheesy. But the overall effect is not-- it's quite handsome, and has drawn compliments from several guests. The pile is low, but for the type of rug it is, I don't find that problematic. I would recommend going over the rug with a stiff brush to rough up the matte-- - it brings out the colors, and increases the visual depth of the rug. The petroleum smell from the synthetic fibers was very strong at first, but went away after two or three days. If you can live with the synthetic fiber-- and to my surprise, I can-- it's a ridiculously good value.
Great purchase, quick delivery, condition great, price was the best deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
The synthetic fabric is soft. The rug's pile is thinner than I had hoped, but it's not terrible. Once I take a vacuum cleaner to it, the pile should stand up better. Only time will tell about the durability. Even though it's not a top-of-the-line rug, and the website exaggerated the color intensity, overall I am satisfied with my purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Website colors are more vivid than the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For $170-ish, it's a good rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 9/10 on the accuracy scale
I like this rug, I am not in love with it. The colors aren't as bright as they appear online. It would probably look better without the black trim around the edges. I didn't notice any odor, rolled it out and placed it right away with no problem. Wish there was a matching runner, although I bought a runner in similar colors and love it! It is a great price for this size rug and it arrived in less than a week.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors on the site appeared more vivid than the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is alright, it is adequate for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description was accurate.
I am sooo happy with my rug purchase! I bought it to compliment a piece of art I found on overstock and I think I'm actually happier with the rug than the art! The colors are beautiful and vibrant. You really do need to vacuum it though to bring the rug to life. The rug does hold on to things like dirt or little pieces of fuzz or flotsom, but it comes up easily with a quick vacuuming.