I purchased three slip covers to go over my already white sofa set and it fit perfect! I purchased the white slip cover and it was like a off white exactly the same color as my sofa so if I wanted to put the back pillows or the toss pillows that came with my sofa on top of the slip cover I could because they matched perfectly. This does not come with the toss pillow covers that you see in the photos. The color is not cream it is an off white. When we sat on it and when we stood up I was shocked the fabric did not move stayed put and did not come tucked. The fabric is like a denim. I have that pottery barn look already in my home and this looks great in my home. I just might have to but a few more maybe in the other colors. I took my hand steamer to it and the wrinkles came right out. Beautiful! I love these slip covers.... Great price and fast shipping!
It is true according to other reviews, it is a very light weight cotton duck material and thin. I have a med/dark brown sofa that I was covering and it works perfectly and do not see the pattern through the slipcover fabric. I did wash after trying it on the sofa and found the fabric shrank slightly. Overall happy with the purchase, it was the look I wanted, fabric is comfortable and good price.
This cover is true white, not off white. Exactly what I was looking for. The material is easy to care for, and even after washing still easily fits my sofa. I've had problems with that in the past. Also have no problems with wrinkles. The pattern on my sofa has always been hard to hide, so I wasn't expecting a miracle with this product. To be honest, you can see a hint of the pattern underneath but overall you can't tell. My cat has pulled the weave in a few spots already, but that's the price you pay for having pets. Overall a great value!
I like the slipcover and it is easy to install. I only have one complaint -- when I line up the arms to the seams and the ties the front bottom does not come down long enough to cover the base of my sofa fabric as well as the wooden frame. I don't mind it not covering the frame but I would like it to cover the fabric.
This slipcover is an excellent value for the price. It is not as thin as other have noted. My sofa is a dark burgundy color and I did not see even a shadow of color under the cover. It is a bit big for my sofa but I tucked everything in (did not use any children's foam noodle or anything - just tucked it in with a wooden spatula) and my sofa looks way better than before. Pet hair (I have two cats) tends to stick on it but the vacuum picks it right up so no biggie. I will wash it to see if it will fit a bit better but overall I am happy with my purchase. I'm actually thinking of getting a second one to alternate.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I got the yellow/natural stripe and the color matched the one on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I thought cotton duck was a sturdy dense fabric. I don't know what this was, but it wasn't cotton duck. It was so thin. And the slipcover was huge! Our sofa is 96" wide and this slipcover was even bigger, so even if the material had been suitable, and good, it would have been too big. It came out of the box, onto the sofa, and back into the box in no time flat, and I was online with Overstock, setting up a return. Customer svs. was great, and if only the product had been as great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not like the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This was not cotton duck. Chintzy, think material.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Borderline.
I've had this slipcover for 2 yrs now, and it's torn at the seams. We are empty nesters and did not really use the couch that had this cover. Overall pretty happy with the looks, especially when just straightened, and the couch had just been fluffed. Otherwise, very easy to look messy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close match.
great for the quick change. easy to use does a good job covering the old couch. new furniture with little cost
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fairly close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so far seems ok - dont know if it will last or wash well-haven't had it long enough
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I've never used a slipcover before, so I will be following the advice of some friends for this one. It comes untucked pretty easily, so someone suggested buying one of those kids pool "noodles" and stuffing it down behind the seat cushions to hold the fabric taut. I haven't tried it yet, but if it works I will also buy another noodle, cut it down to size, and use it where the arms meet the seat. It does a great job of covering our hideous couch, and my only real complaint on it is that the fabric is a bit flimsy. The cats have already left several snag marks from where the have held on for dear life when I try to relocate them. Other than that, I'm happy to not have a fugly couch, and happy to have something machine washable covering it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was accurately depicted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, if a bit thin
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Decent quality, although it was a little thinner than expected. Considering these covers can cost several hundred dollars, I am very happy with my purchase. Easy to put on and adjusts to size of couch
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality - I think it will last awhile
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I ordered this because I liked the khaki color - and to protect my couch from my dogs. The fabric is so thin, my dog's nails have poked a few tiny nail holes in the fabric. Do not order if your goal is pet protection. The fabric is just too thin.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? other than being too thin, it's nice.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Cotton Duck fabric is supposed to be thick - this isn't.
The fabric was listed as duck cloth on the description. It is not and is a very poor quality linen muslin instead. Very disappointed.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No
- How is the quality of the product? Poor
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No
Does not fit properly; does not line up correctly; the width is too long, the height is to short; its like fitting a 3 yr shirt to a 6 yr old but sleeves are long! lol, if you just need a cover and looks does not really matter, this is a good product! I kept it since I do not want my sofa's to get dirty.
The duck slip cover for the couch is perfect: has excellent fit, looks good and provides protection from the dog, and loungers who put their feet up with shoes on. The best part is that you can launder it and put it back on so easily. Really an excellent value. This is the second duck slip cover in a different color that I have purchased.
Great product, exactly as described. Good opacity, even white on a black print sofa. I purchased the white and it is really cream, unbleached cotton, but I expected that. I'm very pleased. Paid $60 less than for the same product from a catalogue, even after taxes, shipping and duty to Canada. I will definitely shop Overstock again.
Even with pulling and stuffing, this cover is too big for my 7 1/2 foot long couch. The quality of the cover seems fair and should hold up under the onslaught of 2 dogs and 2 cats. The fit is the problem, but since I really don't care how it looks, the excess, clumpy folds of fabric don't bother me... I'm a single male. The purpose was to cover the couch and it does do the job.