Not a terrible product, It arrived quickly. It was however still oily and incredibly heavy. I decided to buy a handmade one from a local woodworker and was very satisfied. I returned the original block to Overstock.com roughly 2 weeks ago and still haven't received my refund or confirmation that they've gotten it. A+ Overstock! -Disgruntled Customer
I received my chopping block however it was damaged. I requested an exchange and found Overstock's service to be outstanding and very easy to obtain a new one. When my new block arrived, I was pleased to see it is exactly as the picture shows on the site. It is a beautiful piece of wood and is what I was looking for. I highly recommend it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I was surprised that even after repeated use of wood oil on the block, it has remained very rough to the touch, not at all smooth like my other chopping block. It's usable, but hard to scrape food, such as minced herbs, off the block. I wouldn't recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker and not as richly colored.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The block is not smooth, even after a lot of oiling. The top is rough and thus hard to scrape chopped food off the block itself. Otherwise, it is very hard wood and after months of use, still has no knife cuts on it.
This is a great board. it is a well made and is gentle on my knives Ive had it for about 3 months now. I definetly recomend buying the boos oil when you buy this board it will protect the wood from odors and the oil makes it look wonderful. This is a very thick board meant to be kept out on the counter for it is way to heavy to be pulling out of the cupboard everytime you want to use it. I loved this so much that I ordered the rectangle one also.