I searched HIGH and LOW for nice looking, good quality, inexpensive 100% linen curtains for our sliding glass door in our bedroom. I fell in love with the ones at Pottery Barn, but with that price tag- I could get an entire new bedroom furniture set. And then I found these on Overstock. They arrived last week (took about 1 week to ship) and I put them up immediately. I got the white ones and they are not true white, but more of an off-white- which is exactly as I hoped. Because of the grommet tops, they are oh so easy to pull back. They allow light in the room but are not see-through so offer the 100% privacy we needed. They are made really well and all 4 panels were the same length. These totally rival the competitors products at 1/4 of the price. Right on Overstock... you ARE my new hero!
I was so happy to find these curtains because the length was longer than the standard 84 inch, but not so long to be 96 inch. Perfect for what I needed. The fabric is nice and the curtain well made. I ran into issues with trying to get the wrinkles out. First I tried a steam dryer, that only made the wrinkles worse, and they shed A LOT of lint. Next I hung them up and tried wrinkle releaser, it helped but not enough. Finally I steamed them with a handheld at home steamer which worked but took about an hour a panel. I had four panels. Not fun; however, they do look very nice now.
I purchased four panels to cover sliding glass doors in my bedroom. The linen material is so beautiful, the grommets, seams, etc are very well constructed. These are not "black out" curtains, they block a lot of light but not all, which works great for me. Very happy with this purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is more "off white"
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
These panels are gorgeous! The fabric is amazing - great weight with the lining! They are nice and heavy but still let some light in which is exactly what I was looking for. If you are looking for a true white these panels are not for you. More of an off white. My only concern is getting the wrinkles out - I know linen will shrink if you steam it so I used a dry iron but they still are quite creased - and the creases dont seem to be hanging out even after they have been up for a couple of weeks. Other customers have mentioned the difference in length - I purchased 4 panels and 2 were a bit shorter than the other 2 but nothing terrible. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase - thinking of buying more :-)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not a true white - more of an off white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 5 star!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I am so HAPPY with these drapes! They are better than expected, the color is perfect and they keep the room well insulated. They are not black out but let in just filtered light. I am thrilled and if I can find another place to put them I will buy more. I just wish they came in more colors and I would put them in every room in my house. I really would. I LOVE THEM.
Ordered 4 panels total and am very, very happy with the purchase. These are indeed white and not creme or beige. My sheers are a shade brighter but am not concerned with identical matches in decorating and they look fabulous together. They hang beautifully and look very expensive. They needed to be pressed as expected and it took a while to do with 4 panels but well worth the time and effort. A damp pressing cloth helped get wrinkles out pretty easily and after two weeks they still look freshly pressed. Love, love the extra long length which was exactly what I needed without having to go to the expense of special order drapes.
Like the in between length that is impossible to find. Checked at higher end stores and boutiques and found theses to be greatly INexpensive. It says dry clean only. After opening the package I found the curtains had an interesting smell. I couldn't help but yo wash them. Warm water, cold rinse and low heat in dryer. Totally fine. Keep in mind that it is made of linen. There will be wrinkles. Grommets are great. Not bright white but a softer, creamier white. Will not protect from sunlight. They are lightly lined . Have them for a few months now and in a sunny room. Hasn't yellowed....yet.
I bought this based on the other reviews and they are accurate. Beautiful curtains that let the light in while still keeping privacy, they are not see through. The only negative thing I can say is that its very hard to get the wrinkles out, otherwise they are perfect!
I needed curtains longer than the usual 84" and bought 6 panels with the 88" L. Used pewter-tone grommet rods and easily hung them ,,,they look fabulous in my family room and help keep the room warm and cozy. I put them in the dryer with a wet pillowcase to get out the bigger wrinkles and to fluff them up. They are still "wrinkly" but that's the casual look that I like.
great look of linen if you want the semi-wrinkled natural look at a really great price. for a big window, you'll need four.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. really good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
Nicely made curtains. It looked exactly like picture. Very expensive looking curtains. I have ordered many things from Overstock and I have been pleased with almost everything. It is only a problem when you want to return things and have to pay for shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. execellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Only difficulty is ironing out the creases after removing from packaging. Patience is needed, not sure if I would recommend a dry or steam iron.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The curtains are really a soft ivory color, the color should be changed on this wesite
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality heavy, nicely lined, pretty soft linen texture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Except for the color, it was accurate
I bought these drapes for our loft beach house home in Lester Beach. They cover the french door patio entry to the sunroom from our living room area. They blend beautifully and add a casual beachy elegance to the room. These drapes have the weight and prescence to pull off a presence in a loft living room, and should not just be relegated to the bedroom ! I could not have chosen anything more perfect and fitting. These drapes are worth every penny !
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality textiles, beautifully constructed and finished, not one flaw.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I added 10 inches of another fabric at the bottom and they turned out gorgeous. Great weight. Not too Heavy. Quality lining.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? beautiful pure white. no yellowy.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful fabric and wonderful hems. I ordered 8 and split 2 of them.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate