I ordered this light for my living room to replace an ugly builder brass ceiling fan. I love it. It's a very nice, high end look--especially for the price. My only criticism is that the description says it is a three light fixture but it is really a four light fixture. It was pretty clear from the photo it was four, but the description needs to be changed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Wrong, it has four lights
This fixture looks beautiful over my dark walnut table. The light casts a beautiful pattern on the ceiling and it's evenly lit around the table. It uses 4-candelabra bulbs at 60W so it's not too powerful for lighting, but I don't like a bright, beaming table anyway. My husband installed the fixture and had no problems. We replaced an ex fixture so the backbox was already in place...he didn't use alot of parts that were provided in the kit. Just had to connet some wires. My only problem (and I'm hoping to fix it, but haven't had time to really look into it). But currently, the metal mesh frame is not perfectly level with the linen barrel drum. If you stand on one side of my table, you can see they're not parallel. The metal should be floating appx 1" up from the linen drum, but it looks crooked around one side. I think I just have to play with the connections a bit. But overall...a dynamite statement from my original brushed nickel Home Depot fixture. It really classes up the space!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? colors look perfect compared to the image. Antique bronze and linen shade are perfectly matched.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good. Came well wrapped for shipping. The mesh frame is beautiful and doesn't look chincy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate. It was helpful to read someone's post that it's a 4-light fixture, rather than 3-light. Either way...more light is better so that didn't affect my purchase.
Looks great in our dining room. Be careful when hanging, don't thread the cord too tight through the chain or shades may not hang even. We saw a similar light that we really liked for over $500 but we didn't want to spend that kind of money. This is a very good and affordable substitute.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. a little on the cheap side, but not bad for the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
We were looking for a pendant/chandelier to replace the light in the open stairwell going down into our finished basement. This fit the bill perfectly. We wanted something simple, but nice, that would provide enough light both down the stairs and upstairs in the landing area. Most of the pendants have a covering on the bottom or on the top, which limit the amount of light that is emitted the opposite direction. We needed the light both directions and this does the job perfectly as there is no covering inside. Assembly and installation were easy, with the exception of getting the 3 rods to stay hooked properly while carrying the light to it's hanging location. Would definitely purchase again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description.
The chandelier is exactly as shows. Note the measurements b/c it's a little small for a dining room (unless your dining room is small like mine.) My brother hung it for me and it was a bit of a pain, mostly because the directions are unnecessarily complicated. It took some tweaking to get it level. I really like the look - it' s kind of industrial but not too cold.
I've had this gorgeous light up for about 3 weeks now and can not get enough. Makes me smile every time I walk into the dining room! Love the finish, the "scratchiness" of the oil rubbed bronze is perfect. Looks so unique and pretty, cozy and simple. Love the light pattern that comes from it and since the lights are pointing up, you can hang it a little lower and it looks amazing. Gorgeous!
I am never unhappy with the products from Overstock. I was so pleased with this chandelier. We painted our dining room a Federal Blue color and needed something a bit formal, but modern. This light was perfect. We even managed to install it without clawing each others eyes out. I have to admit we had to take it down twice because we didnt read the instructions on putting the lght together and got the components out of order. But it with stood our bubbling and it looks beautiful. Everyone always admires it. The shade was perfect too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love my light- it is just the balance between country and modern that I was looking for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color looks like it was brushed on- some parts the paint is very uneven.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Anyone looking at the light thinks it is beautiful. When I look at it I see that the metal part and the white share are uneven.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I purchased this light fixture to replace a 12 yr old generic, builder grade dining room light fixture. I'm extremely pleased with it. It sits above a round glass dining room table, I think the roundness of the fixture compliments the table. It gives off a lot of light. It didn't take my husband very long to install it.
I love the design of this pendant chandelier, and it fits just right in my tiny dining space. However, it is driving me nuts because the outer piece does not line up with the inner shade, and the candelabra pieces are all crooked as well. It is not very adjustable, or at least is not meant to be adjusted in the way I'd need it to in order to straighten out and look as visually appealing as it does in the picture. I am disappointed because if all of the pieces lined up like they should, it would be a beautiful light fixture.