I love this light. My husband does not. Went up with no problem. It is hung over our kitchen island and our only complaint is that it does cast a shadow about half way up the wall and does not give the ceiling any light because of the shade. If you have very high ceiling I think it would be fabulous. Ours are just 8' in the kitchen. It is much larger than it looks in the photo, so be sure to check the measurements. Wish I could post a photo. It's a great light for the right spot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The photo makes it look more like chrome. In person, as stated in the description, it is brushed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate.
This light fixture was perfect for our cottage style kitchen. It is larger than it looks in the pic and not as shiny. It hangs over our kitchen table and looks awesome! I would think you could use this as a pendant over an island as long as you use 2 and have a very large open space. Other than that I would suggest using it for over a table. It was easy to install. My husband had never installed s light fixture before and was surprised at how easy it was. It took a little over an hour.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is hard to tell, but this is actually brushed nickel. Not as shiny as it looks in the pic.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Arrived in great condition and very easy to put together. My husband installed it in about an hour.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate description as long as you pay attention to the specs. Bigger in person which is what I hoped it would be.
If it is hung high enough in a big area it will look great it is really big and looks cheap when in the box but once it's up if you hang it high it looks great once hanging. The box it came in was thin cardboard and it was not well packaged, the box was pretty beat up and all of the decorative screw backs had worked loose and were bouncing around in the box, luckily they stayed in the box. The light had a few dings in it but since it is hung high and you can't really see them from eye level I decided to just keep it instead of returning for another one. Luckily I needed it for a large area, I read the review that said it was really big but I wasn't worried since I had a huge area to hang it but if you are looking for an average size over the counter pendant light measure to be sure you know how huge it is. It would look silly if you have low ceilings or a smaller space where more than one is intended.