I have been comparison shopping a table similar to this for about 3 years. I have found tables either too expensive or the top too small or on the unit as a tray as well as the table not being tall enough. This glass table top can be used as it is or painted underneath if you want to have a different take on its modern look. I bought this table specifically to slide over the middle of my couch so I had a place to set a glass, etc when it was movie night. It will also slide out of the way over a chair if I need the whole couch. It has a nice matte finish on the metal so it isn't 'out there' in its look. A great price for the product. I'm happy I found it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, well finished. Easy assembly and packaged well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Overstock goes above and beyond on description.
Beautiful. Came quickly. Quality materials. The price was good. But -- the small screws on the bottom stick out slightly and will scratch a wooden floor. I added tiny plastic gliders to protect my floor. This is a bad design flaw - so beware.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a very nice table. I like the sturdiness and the weight of the table; however it is a little short. The extra 2 inches other tables like this have will propbably make a difference. With that said, it does fit nicely over the center of my sofa to rest a glass or my laptop on. Iwill probably purchase another one due to its quality and asthetics. As a side note, the screws that are required to assemble this table stick out 1/8 or a 1/4 inch further than the rubber pads on the bottom. I use this table on carpet, so not a big deal, but could be an issue if placed on a wood floor, but still an easy fix.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dead on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thistable is a very nice quality. Very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead on
You will need to assemble. It doesn't take too long.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fairly good. I wouldn't put anything too heavy on it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair.
Very nice tables. I use them as nightstands, with the legs next to my bed so they appear to float in the room. Easy to assemble, though one took a couple flicks with a file to slide the pieces in. Well packed - in fact, it takes twice as long to unpack as to assemble. Nice value and aesthetics for the money.
The end table arrived in good condition - I had read several comments about the bottom screws not lining up and fitting correctly. I had the same problem. I figured with so many similar comments, the mfg's would have corrected the problem. Anyway, the end table is a bargain and looks nice. The glass is good quality and other than the misaligned base, it's a decent buy. Note: I contacted Overstock.com about my issue and they resolved it right away (sending me a new base) with efficiency and professionalism. They were a breeze to work with!
It was my mistake not to have taken into account the height. It is too short to "C" over my couch arm. I still like it quite a bit, though! I did have a little trouble getting the screws in flush on the bottom, so I have to cover with felt glider pads. But that seems to be working.
This is an amazingly strong and durable table. It looks beautiful. If you don't like the transparent look I highly recommend a very thin coat of your preferred color on the underside of the glass as opposed to buying another product. I haven't seen this quality even in any of the furniture stores in the greater Seattle area.